Vodafone eurotraveller and data test drive

in Phones & TV
5 replies 1.6K views
While on holiday in Europe I received a txt saying I had unlimited data for 3 months and to browse away... (to paraphrase). As I'm on eurotraveller I thought great - £3 a day and I can watch the tour de france on catchup every day, so that's what I did. I didn't receive any updates from vodafone saying I was over my limit (UK limit that is) so just carried on.

Come home to find bill for 400 quid. The text was completely misleading - no mention of not being valid when outside UK, even though they must have known I was roaming. Also apparently the data cap doesn't apply if you sign up for eurotraveller..!! Why not!?? If i'd received a txt when I was up to 50Euros spend I'd have stopped or at least called to find out what was going on.

Very underhand vodafone - very underhand. Even close to theft.

I see I'm not alone in this - has anyone else had any luck in getting the charges cancelled?

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think the problem is watching TV whilst roaming

I read the text as unlimited data on your contract , not while roaming
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • I get a txt saying 'welcome to xxx country' stating that I can use data from my UK plan then later another txt saying I have unlimited UK data. To me that's the same thing.
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K Posts
    Hi griffly16,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like me to get things looked into further, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Lee - sorry been away for a while.

Reference is WRT165 [#10997346]
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K Posts
    Hi griffly16,

I'll check this and update you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News