We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Payday lender Cash Genie to pay £10m redress for 'serious failings'

Options
13»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frainy345 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had any issues recently awaiting their refund? Cash Genie have advised me I am due approx £450 + statutory interest from my loan which I paid in 2012 (they or Carter forbes took about 600 pounds from my account when I was in a payment arangement with them) They've told me this will be coming from the liquidators RSM and can't even give me an idea of how long this may take.

Is anyone else in this situation? Would be nice to get an idea if when I will get this money.

Thanks
    Jason

Just be patient is my advice.
  • Missmurray86
    Options
    Hi was just wondering did you ever receive your check from RSM? How long did it take to receive?
  • DanielJones18
    Options
    I have also been advised that I am due a refund and it will be processed, but they couldn't give me a timescale.
    Anyone had the same thing and how long did it take in general?
    TIA
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have also been advised that I am due a refund and it will be processed, but they couldn't give me a timescale.
    Anyone had the same thing and how long did it take in general?
    TIA
    Hi was just wondering did you ever receive your check from RSM? How long did it take to receive?

Just be patient.
  • DanielJones18
    Options
    I am, I was just querying if anyone else had this and to see how long it took theirs to come!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport