Public Audit Bureau real or scam

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
2 replies 7.4K views
speedy9764speedy9764 Forumite
16 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
I have just received the following letter:

Dear Mr *****

Completed Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)

We would be greatful if you would contact us concerning matters regarding your completed IVA

we have information that you should be aware of concerning a recent High Court decision that ruled in favour of completed IVA holders. Due to the ruling we have identified that it is likely that monies may now be owed to you in respect of the ruturn of charges previously paid by you

Due to the complexity of matters we would welcome the opportunity of explaining the issues as they will be based on your specific circumstances

Please call us on Freephone

Is this a scam or genuine

Replies

• mwarbymwarby Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick google suggests they are PPI reclaim company, the court decision(which is being appealed) relates to whether you or IVA firm get any PPI

My understanding is your IP will fight hard to get any PPI you reclaim, as it was due to the creditors
  • Thank you,

I remember talking to my IP about this and bank charges, as the bank charges really were about 15% of the IVA and was told in no uncertain terms that they were not interested in doing anything.

I do not think I had PPI on anything and I successfully cleared the IVA in September 2011 so I think that letter is going in the bin
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals