»

MSE News: Npower debts to be written off after complaints left unresolved

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

MSE News: Npower debts to be written off after complaints left unresolved

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Energy
3 replies 1.2K views
Former_MSE_PalomaFormer_MSE_Paloma News reporter
531 posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Energy
Approximately 1,000 former and existing Npower customers will have debts written off and be given free energy...
Read the full story:

Npower debts to be written off after complaints left unresolved

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• Why just NPower?
    "When the Ombudsman says 28 days, it means 28 days, and after that energy is free" would be a great default policy.

I have had the Ombudsman say 28 days, the provider taking 6 months, and there was no additional penalization. Making the 28 days meaningless.
  • GrugGrug
    10 posts
    Forumite
    Last November they owed me £67. It's only £66.83 now. So far complaining hasn't got me my money back, but I'm persevering! :(
  • Why did I never get a letter, never received anything, have been ignored by the Ombudsman too who seem to think it was ok for Npower to never follow their ruling and yet just made the same ruling again almost one year later when I went back to them!

Now neither of them will speak with me and have washed their hands of it.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms