Ppi claim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
5 replies 1.1K views
mcjwills1958mcjwills1958 Forumite
7 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Hi got a quick query on PPI, I have finished my IVA and had my certificate of conformance sent to me, to confirm the IVA has finished. If I wait a few months and apply for a PPI will the money be mine or will the finished IVA be able to claim the money

Replies

• stecaststecast Forumite
    74 Posts
    I successfully claimed 3 PPI claims and was allowed to keep the money for my self.

I think a lot of it is down to the terms of your IVA, MBNA were a bit funny at allowing me to claim PPI saying the money had got to go in to my IVA so I phoned my IVA company to double check and they informed me they had no interest in this money and it would all come to me so off I went to the Ombudsman and a year later I won my case.

But I have herd of people with PPI claims who have not got there money as it's gone in to the IVA so I think it's all down to the terms of your IVA
  • Never seen any terms and conditions and all the time I was in it I was never asked did my IVA through an insolvency advisor not a big company. My IVA is now over, should I just give it a month or 2 for paperwork to filter through then claim
  • mwarbymwarby Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must have received a copy of the arrangement (the A in IVA), this is your terms and conditions. The IVA agreement may not mention PPI specifically, but it may be counted as an asset, some agreements include all except excluded ones, others just specifically included ones.

I'd be tempted to ask IVA company, saves you from the potential of going through long reclaim process only to find the money is due to the creditors through IVA firm.
  • stecaststecast Forumite
    74 Posts
    I could not find anything in my terms when I read them regarding PPI payments, MBNA requested a copy of my terms that I sent them but they requested more information that I did not have hence why I phoned my IVA company who informed me they have no interest in any payments that I received.

The reason why I took my case to the Ombudsman and won

Santander and Lloyds was all straight forward with my PPI claims promptly paid

As mwarby states I would phone your IVA company to see were you stand as I have herd cases were any PPI claims have to go in to the IVA even when the IVA is complete
  • mwarbymwarby Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    on another IVA specific forum, it seemed to be the norm that PPI claims whenever made had to go into IVA.

It seems early agreements didn't take PPI or similar into account, then PPI became a bigger issue and the agreements tightened up. In my case my IVA included a fee to investigate\audit PPI
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals