Focus DIY 20% discount off everything for a year for flood victims

Martin & team,

Just popped into Focus DIY in Swindon today & they had leaflets offering 20% off everything for any flood victims. I just filled out a form at customer services and showed them my proof or address (driving licence) & a piccie of my house under water that I had on my mobile phone & I’ve now got a card for 20% off until 31 January 2008 (excludes pet food, gift vouchers, conservatories, concessions). Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Regards:j

threadbanner.gif
Assume 1st – then check the facts!

Replies

• ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MFI are also offering flood vicitims a discount, not sure how much or what kind of evidence they need. HTH
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Thanks for that! I live in Swindon too and my house was flooded. Although insurance should cover most things, I'm sure I'll find I need to get other things too and the discount will certainly help. Didn't know about this scheme till I read your post.
  • Focus in Stroud is also offering this deal - they only asked for my driving licence as proof of ID - didn't ask for any proof of flooding. They gave me a card there and then and it can be used until end of January 2008:T
    Nice to save.
  • wookie_2wookie_2 Forumite
    781 Posts
    pkempc wrote: »
    Martin & team,

Just popped into Focus DIY in Swindon today & they had leaflets offering 20% off everything for any flood victims. I just filled out a form at customer services and showed them my proof or address (driving licence) & a piccie of my house under water that I had on my mobile phone & I’ve now got a card for 20% off until 31 January 2008 (excludes pet food, gift vouchers, conservatories, concessions). Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Regards:j
    plus if you are over 60 you are also entitled to a extra 10% card to use on wed, thus a 30% discount, with your flood discount card, it might work
  • I work at focus (crap, but its ajob inbetween uni). You cannot get 30 since you cant use the cards with each other, adn the tills wont let you :confused: . Shame my store is closing, so many freinds made, so little time for the company.
  • baz9239baz9239 Forumite
    19 Posts
    Focus in Gloucester on Eastern avenue is doing the same 20% discount until Jan 2008. You don't have to have been flooded just prove that you live in an area that was affected. I live in Tewkesbury but was not flooded myself but just showed my driving licence with my address on and got a card (staff knew I had not been flooded, I wasn't fibbing!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide