Anyone had any luck with Argos card PPI?

Options
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of PPI complaint, at the moment it's with Barclays and Argos.

Argos was an online application and though my case isn't all that strong. My reason why PPI wasn't beneficial to me was because of a decent sick pay and holding two jobs. If I was made redundant with one of them, I could still keep up with payments with the other job.

Although my ignorance is probably weighed against me for not cancelling the PPI at the time. I was just wondering if anyone had any success with them.

My account was closed about three years ago and I opened it in 2007.

Many thanks.
Littlewoods £0/£750
Barclaycard £0/£1,000 @ 0% Nov '18

Goal: To be debt free by Oct' 31st 2016.

Now debt free!!!

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your complaint reason is perhaps a good reason not to have applied for PPI but in what way do you believe the Argos card provider was at fault, there has to be some failing on the part of the card provider for your complaint to succeed.
  • QuietOne
    QuietOne Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going along with it because I received a letter from them saying I was possibly mis-sold PPI. I'm not expecting my complaint to be upheld. But as many members say on here. "If you don't ask, you don't get" If it's rejected then fine. It hasn't cost me anything to file a complaint with Argos or Barclays.
    Littlewoods £0/£750
    Barclaycard £0/£1,000 @ 0% Nov '18

Goal: To be debt free by Oct' 31st 2016.

Now debt free!!!
  • samstigers
    Options
    hi there.
    my mum has had a argos card for about 11years now, i remember it well when she got the store card as i worked in the argos store at the time. At the time of applying for the store card she was under the impression that the coversafe had to be taken out with the store card. as we are aware that is not the case. i was woundering how i would go about cancelling and claiming back all the coversafe that has been paid on the card, as i dont know where to start nor either does my mum. any advice would be great.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your mother contacts the Card provider to cancel the coversafe and puts in a complaint to the Card provider giving her reasons why she believed she was missold coversafe.

Being "under the impression" it was compulsory is a weak complaint reason, where did she get the impression from? If you worked in Argos at the time could you not have corrected her incorrect impression.
  • samstigers
    Options
    as i worked there i wasnt able to get involved while she was filling the forms out as i was actually working at the time, i didnt realise she was looking to get the store card, it just happened that she was buying a few big items as my brother had just moved out so when offered the card she thought it was easier to pay over serveral months than in one lump sum. (buy now pay 3months later). i didnt even know she had coversafe on the store card til a few months ago, when i purchased something on the card with her permission and she gave the statement.
    my mum cannot remember the actuall wording the member of staff used but it was along the lines it comes with the store card. ( so she said it seemed like it had to be taken out).
  • WatchMan
    WatchMan Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    QuietOne wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of PPI complaint, at the moment it's with Barclays and Argos.

Argos was an online application and though my case isn't all that strong. My reason why PPI wasn't beneficial to me was because of a decent sick pay and holding two jobs. If I was made redundant with one of them, I could still keep up with payments with the other job.

Although my ignorance is probably weighed against me for not cancelling the PPI at the time. I was just wondering if anyone had any success with them.

My account was closed about three years ago and I opened it in 2007.

Many thanks.

Having two jobs is potentially the strongest argument here. Though I stress the word potentially.

It comes down to whether you would have been able to use the unemployment benefit. The definition of unemployment varies with different policies, but is often along the lines that you are claiming, or are eligible to claim, Job Seekers Allowance.

Under these terms, you'd have to lose both jobs to get any benefit from the policy - and the chances of that are slim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure