DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well after that ^^^ pooh post we have a yeah! post. BC have been unable to find a CCA for DH's Egg card and therefore it is unenforceable until they are able to fulfill our request. :j Of course their rights continue to exist and we need to continue paying them blah, blah, blah.

They go on about reporting to CRA's and defaulting or instructing a third party to demand payment etc but considering it no longer shows on our credit report they cannot add it back again so will make no difference there and any third party will also be sent a CCA request. So that knocks 15 months off our DFD :D

Well done...looks like it is a bad day for BC all round then, but a good day for us! :T
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Well done...looks like it is a bad day for BC all round then, but a good day for us! :T

I imagine we will start to get umpteen letters from them for a while so do we just ignore completely or should we write back and tell them we will not be paying unless they manage to find one?
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • chiefsfanuk
    chiefsfanuk Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Pc2003 wrote: »
    So I checked my dmp after not looking at it in ages and found out that one debt has been cleared this month! Yay!! Pounds to pocket it was so very glad that is gone.
    On the subject of irresponsible lending.. Pounds to pocket emailed me this morning to thank me for paying off my loan, thank me for being a great customer and advising me if I ever need them I have a loan offer of 2k waiting.....
    It's crazy. Absolutely crazy

Great news on clearing a debt! :j:T
    Absolutely astonishing that they are offering a 2K loan straight away, :eek: This is exactly why I feel creditors should be held accountable for irresponsible lending!:mad:
    V xxx
    :idea: LBM 5/4/16 :idea:
    DMP Journey starts April 2016. Time to take control once and for all!
    Unsecured Debt £20583/£20583 Emergency fund £0/£1000
  • phoenixx
    phoenixx Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well....I am pleased to report some really good news at last....After writing a complaint letter to the only preditor that was still applying interest....you all know who I mean.... and explaining how the debt had actually gone up in the last 3 months due to us having to reduce payments and asking again for them to stop interest and default us, or we would go to the Ombudsman......they have replied saying that they will refund the interest that was applied in the last 3 months and suspend all interest and charges from now on and in 7 months time, all 3 accounts will be defaulted!!!:rotfl::T:T:T:rotfl::T:T:T:T:T

Why we have to wait 7 months, I have no idea, but not really bothered. They did say that in the meantime our credit file will show the accounts as in arrears, but don't see that as being a problem as long as it gets defaulted eventually.

So for all of you who are still struggling with them, keep on hounding them as they will relent in the end. TBH, I think it is the fact that we had to reduce our payments to £5 a month and now they can see from our new I&E that we have to reduce the DMP from the original amount.
    Just a pity I can't afford a bottle of Prosecco, as I feel like celebrating!:rotfl:

Yay! :T:T Great news! We too have had interest frozen and been told about 7 months to default. We had to stop paying completely to get anywhere! I will buy you a virtual drink, Ploppy! :beer:
    DMP since August 2011
    DFD January 2018 hopefully sooner :j
    Debt at start: £98769:eek:
    Debt now: £24993:o
    Paid back: £73776 :j
    Taking it one day at a time:T
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well....I am pleased to report some really good news at last....After writing a complaint letter to the only preditor that was still applying interest....you all know who I mean.... and explaining how the debt had actually gone up in the last 3 months due to us having to reduce payments and asking again for them to stop interest and default us, or we would go to the Ombudsman......they have replied saying that they will refund the interest that was applied in the last 3 months and suspend all interest and charges from now on and in 7 months time, all 3 accounts will be defaulted!!!:rotfl::T:T:T:rotfl::T:T:T:T:T

Why we have to wait 7 months, I have no idea, but not really bothered. They did say that in the meantime our credit file will show the accounts as in arrears, but don't see that as being a problem as long as it gets defaulted eventually.

So for all of you who are still struggling with them, keep on hounding them as they will relent in the end. TBH, I think it is the fact that we had to reduce our payments to £5 a month and now they can see from our new I&E that we have to reduce the DMP from the original amount.
    Just a pity I can't afford a bottle of Prosecco, as I feel like celebrating!:rotfl:

Awesome news Plopper :j

I am awaiting a response to our latest letter to BC. Fingers crossed we get the result you (and Phoenix) finally have;)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    phoenixx wrote: »
    Yay! :T:T Great news! We too have had interest frozen and been told about 7 months to default. We had to stop paying completely to get anywhere! I will buy you a virtual drink, Ploppy! :beer:

Have you any idea why it is 7 months? It does seem an odd figure and I didn't think to ask BC why it took 7 months.
  • Pc2003
    Pc2003 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Okay... Some help/thoughts as this is where I struggle. Get paid today. Done a budget covers everything to the penny. I will have a surplus of aprx 140 pounds this month....
    What do I do with it???
    I have no emergency/savings fund. Do I use it for this or do I pay some towards debt??
    I'm so worried if i pay it off debt it's gone and if I need it I can't have it....
    If I do pay it towards debt do I split it equally between all or do I pay it all off one? Split between all will prob only be a tenner or so? Is it worth it?
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would using this be extra to pay off your debts? If so, then I would stash it and start building an emergency fund
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • Pc2003
    Options
    So as it stands the budget includes my dmp payment which covers most of my debt and I have 2 other debts which aren't on dmp and have budgeted for min payment to those plus 5 pounds so the extra 140 would be up and above those
  • Pc2003
    Options
    I won't always have that much spare... Just this month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business