DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• blisteringblue
    Options
    Decided to plow through my Predator paperwork this morning. Had neglected a nice pile since last summer :o

So scanned the pertinent ones and shredding the rest. Poor old shredder is going to blow a gasket with the pile though.

On the plus side I came across a Claim Form for a sentinel card I had which I should get some compensation on, with a cut off date of 16th march 2016, so best get that in the post.

Still noticed Mrs BBs Barclaycard is still not with PRA(T) group yet, the first letter was in July 2015, and a formal demand in Nov 2015. Boy are they slow at everything.

And just to make me smile the crappy DCA who bought my ex Marble ex Opus debt sent me a letter asking me to contact them within 7 days or further steps will be taken to recover the debt. :rotfl: Jog on jokers, I was going to put them back to the normal payment because I got it defaulted to remove interest. I may just keep them at £1 now for a laugh. :D
  • muppetscotland
    Options
    Afternoon all. Stuck indoors with an ill child so thought would use my time well!

We have decided to begin a DIY DMP and have a few ccs to include. However we also have 3 loans with RBOS and I was wondering - do we treat them the same way? Would you expect the interest to be frozen on a loan?

We owe them almost £40k and that is by far our biggest debt. Does the amount in question make it more likely they will try and put a charge order on house or something horrible?
    Travelling hopefully 🏃
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all. Stuck indoors with an ill child so thought would use my time well!

We have decided to begin a DIY DMP and have a few ccs to include. However we also have 3 loans with RBOS and I was wondering - do we treat them the same way? Would you expect the interest to be frozen on a loan?

We owe them almost £40k and that is by far our biggest debt. Does the amount in question make it more likely they will try and put a charge order on house or something horrible?

Hi,

Yes loans are treated the same way, mine was front loaded with interest so when I entered the dmp the balance just stayed the same and it reduces by the dmp payment each month.

I don't think anyone would be able to say what action a creditor may take with regards to charging orders etc.

Puss. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • muppetscotland
    Options
    Sorry another question has occurred!

Will creditors continue to add interest after a default has been issued? If not then presumably another reason for hoping to get one ASAP?

Thanks everyone - great help this! Feeling more cheerful ref debts than in last 5 years.
    Travelling hopefully 🏃
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry another question has occurred!

Will creditors continue to add interest after a default has been issued? If not then presumably another reason for hoping to get one ASAP?

Thanks everyone - great help this! Feeling more cheerful ref debts than in last 5 years.

Hi,

I believe once defaulted interest is frozen and can't be restarted.. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong..

Puzz.
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • aliavavodka
    Options
    I have been on a DMP for 3 years now, and have more than halved my debt. 23 monthly payments to go. As I've been regularly paying, what are the chances of any of my creditors reducing the debt for a full and final settlement? Or should I shrug off this impatience and keep plodding?
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After offering a reduced settlement future to h.....X, I received letter asking for list of other creditors etc. This has been posted back to them today. Will update when I get news
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been on a DMP for 3 years now, and have more than halved my debt. 23 monthly payments to go. As I've been regularly paying, what are the chances of any of my creditors reducing the debt for a full and final settlement? Or should I shrug off this impatience and keep plodding?

Go for it - the worst that can happen is they say no and you keep plodding but if you don't ask you will never know.

Start low 25% maybe and you will no doubt have a game of ping pong back and forth until you reach mutual agreement on a figure (or not).

Before starting F&F offers though - have you CCA'd all relevant debts (cards/loans) to check they are enforceable?
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • aliavavodka
    Options
    Cca'd? No idea what this is, is it easy to do?

Ali
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cca'd? No idea what this is, is it easy to do?

Ali

Info and template letter here

I've just gone through this myself and today a predator sent me what looked like enforceable documentation. I've just been advised on another forum that it's unenforceable. That's £11k of our debt.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure