DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    2spicy wrote: »
    Quick update regarding BC here ... 3 pronged attack, letter to FOS, Letter direct to BC and also raised a dispute with Experian / Equifax.

Confirmation from Experian this morning that the account has been amended.
    Quick of credit score reflects 989 as opposed to 433 !!

New rule ... question everything, even if they are right, they "might" be wrong !!

Congratulations 989! woohoo :D:j
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    :mad:h
    We have a reducing balance on our mortgage which comes off in March, and as it's an offset mortgage / current account we have to find this money. I normally budget for it in YNAB but have been struggling to catch up after buying a cheap car for DD to get to Uni in Sept.

Thought I'd managed it with the payrise in Jan, but the numbers just are not stacking up, and my current forecast is we run out of money come 3rd March !! My spreadsheet is pretty anal ;)

So that is all emergency used up, and nothing coming in for about a week. Luckily Mrs BB is agency so is paid weekly but even that isn't enough.

So while I have not had to do this before and because I am self managed, I just thought F*%K IT, and have knocked 75% off my debt repayments this month. Not bothering to tell any out with DCAs, they can just do one, but have written to any still with the original predators.

Ooh, it's just so liberating. Power to the People !!!
    :rotfl:
    :A
    :T

You rebel :D

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    Nearly forgot to say, I have a shiny new default from BC at last !
    Just waiting to see if the debt shifts to a DCA next.

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    aharia wrote: »
    HI there new to this but just want some advice Nationwide sent me a letter that they want to set aside my CCJ due to not meeting standards set out in the Consumer Credit Act, obviously I will accept this but can anyone advise if they can put in for another CCJ ?

Thanks

Hello Aharia

Didn't see any replies, so though I'd tell you what I know about ccj's which is not a lot as they are thankfully quite rare in DMPland.

It sounds like good news if they are setting it aside, but I guess you'll still owe the money. Not sure in what terms the ccj failed to meet standards, but perhaps it may not now be appropriate for a ccj.

You might get better advice starting a thread in the main DFW forum page.
    Anyway, good,luck with it

DMP support no438.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    Nearly forgot to say, I have a shiny new default from BC at last !
    Just waiting to see if the debt shifts to a DCA next.

Well done - is it sad when I see a default from BC as an awesome achievement? ;)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Barclaycard do play this weird game, it's like they want to retain you as a customer once you get out the far side of this, and they think we will stay gladly, even though they tried their damnedest not to help when we really needed it. Totally bizarre.
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Sazzie23 wrote: »

You rebel :D

And proud :D
  • make_the_change
    Options
    Advice please!

Received a letter from one of my creditors (overdraft) saying notification of failed arrangement. I have sent two letters to them, one saying about token payments as working with SC and then another reiterating the above. The letter I got from them today says I have failed to payment payments to reduce the balance and I must pay the full amount or they will issue a formal default notice, take my card from me, prevent payments leaving the account etc.... I haven't used this account for over a year and don't intend to!

What should I do now? Call them to reiterate the above again?!
    DMP Started June 2016
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Advice please!

Received a letter from one of my creditors (overdraft) saying notification of failed arrangement. I have sent two letters to them, one saying about token payments as working with SC and then another reiterating the above. The letter I got from them today says I have failed to payment payments to reduce the balance and I must pay the full amount or they will issue a formal default notice, take my card from me, prevent payments leaving the account etc.... I haven't used this account for over a year and don't intend to!

What should I do now? Call them to reiterate the above again?!

You have told them twice, just let the Stepchange wheels start turning.

All that happens is they turn the overdraft into an amount and it comes a simple debt rather than a bank account feature. You then pay this debt in your DMP.

They are just following their automatic process, they will always ask for full payment. Cut the card up now if you don't use it?

However if this is still your main bank account, you need to be opening a new basic account that has no links with any company you have debts with for the whole DMP process to work correctly though. They will shut the account with no notice if you are including it in the DMP.
  • make_the_change
    Options
    You have told them twice, just let the Stepchange wheels start turning.

All that happens is they turn the overdraft into an amount and it comes a simple debt rather than a bank account feature. You then pay this debt in your DMP.

They are just following their automatic process, they will always ask for full payment. Cut the card up now if you don't use it?

However if this is still your main bank account, you need to be opening a new basic account that has no links with any company you have debts with for the whole DMP process to work correctly though. They will shut the account with no notice if you are including it in the DMP.

Thank you for that
    DMP Started June 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family