DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• Newchapter
    Options
    I have been self-managed just over a year now. It works ok. I basically do the same as before, send monthly income & expenditure updates and adjust my payments accordingly. I keep a record of all correspondence and an excel spreadsheet with all of my debts, very satisfying seeing them go down

Good luck everyone
    Debt Apr 2011 - a staggering £65171, ...so a 20 year plan ahead just like a 2nd mortgage!!!:o
    Its going down, now £40k :happyhear
  • 2spicy
    2spicy Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ITS DONE !!!!

..... Balance Transfer of £3401.68 has been made, DMP Officially Paid off !
    No thanks to BarclayCard for never stopping adding interest and refusing to default us (We shall NEVER use your financial services ever again).

7 Years of "financial re-education" has made us wiser to the pitfalls of credit. Whilst we both agree we will probably use credit in the future, it will be used far more wisely.

:j:beer::beer::j:beer::j:beer::beer::j
    LBM - Oct - 08 DMP Started - Feb -09
    Total Debt - £77,688 .00
    DMP Support Member - 259

• KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic news 2spicy!!!

Very well done to you, enjoy your debt free future :-)

Xxx
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done 2spicy :)

Awesome achievement
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    2spicy wrote: »
    ITS DONE !!!!

..... Balance Transfer of £3401.68 has been made, DMP Officially Paid off !
    No thanks to BarclayCard for never stopping adding interest and refusing to default us (We shall NEVER use your financial services ever again).

7 Years of "financial re-education" has made us wiser to the pitfalls of credit. Whilst we both agree we will probably use credit in the future, it will be used far more wisely.

:j:beer::beer::j:beer::j:beer::beer::j

:T:T:T Well done:T:T:T
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Brilliant news 2spicy -Well Done, a fantastic achievement.

I am so pleased for you:)

Ellie x
  • Scaredofdebt_2
    Options
    Congratulations 2spicy. What a fantastic achievement :)
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]LBM January 2015:(
    Total unsecured debt £[STRIKE]57286.97[/STRIKE]:( now £52335.16 :)
    DFD [STRIKE]July 2025[/STRIKE] June 2025
    Start StepChange DMP March 2015
  • Boldhoof
    Options
    Evening all,

Last week after one of our creditors accepted a F&F Payment in writing and we made the payment, this payment cleared so we changed the details of the balance to 0 on SC, it was sitting as pending, and tonight I checked as our payment to SC goes out tomorrow and it had been changed back to the original debt amount. Anyone any ideas why this would happen, would it have been SC? I am going to email them tonight, just wondering if anyone experienced this.

Thanks
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boldhoof wrote: »
    Evening all,

Last week after one of our creditors accepted a F&F Payment in writing and we made the payment, this payment cleared so we changed the details of the balance to 0 on SC, it was sitting as pending, and tonight I checked as our payment to SC goes out tomorrow and it had been changed back to the original debt amount. Anyone any ideas why this would happen, would it have been SC? I am going to email them tonight, just wondering if anyone experienced this.

Thanks

Sorry, no idea. I paid off one of our creditors (Very) over a few months rather than the few pounds SC was paying them each month. We owed about £1.5k and it was going to attract buy now pay later interest if I didn't clear it by a certain date. So I worked like stink to clear it. I updated the balance each month on the online DMP account on SC website and it never changed. Eventually I was able to zero the balance and it went to pending for ages, but eventually just showed zero. The balance never increased after I had changed it each month.

Hope you sort this out. Well done on getting a F&F sorted. Another predator bites the dust:beer:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Jacobs
    Jacobs Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. Can I join your gang?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business