We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

amazon delivery

Options
enfield_freddy
enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
edited 10 July 2015 at 4:11AM in Praise, vent & warnings
quickest delivery to me is to a amazon "locker" , 1 working day @ £1.99

estimated delivery date 13th-20th ? , that is not one working day!

edit: deliver to my home (free) 3 - 5 buisness days , Estimated delivery: 21 July 2015 - 24 July 2015

great big banners suggesting I join prime , is this a hint.

I have no intention of ordering on the 10th and waiting between 11 and 14 days for a simple £40 amazon stocked part.

bye bye amazon

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I never take any notice of predicted delivery dates and always opt for the free standard delivery option. Almost always arrives within 48hrs of ordering and if Hermes deliver it has a Next Day Delivery label stuck on it.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazon always seem to go for worst case delivery estimates, which make them just about useless, as their performance is almost always a great deal better than worst case.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have no intention of ordering on the 10th and waiting between 11 and 14 days for a simple £40 amazon stocked part.

You won't. Regardless of the 'estimate' they will post ASAP and it will be with you in a couple of days.

I had the offer recently of next day delivery for a charge or standard deliver (3-5 days) for free. Opted for free, it arrived the next day anyway!
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,243 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unless it's a marketplace purchase.

I bought a book last Sunday from a marketplace seller with over a million positive feedbacks. Despatch estimate was Monday or Tuesday, I had to email them on Wednesday because it hadn't been despatched (a book, in stock). Email reply saying the book had been despatached on Wednesday afternoon.

It still hasn't arrived. I paid for postage.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    I just received my parcel from them today.
    It was ordered on Friday so very quick (1 day ) but...
    Despite being in and the OH being in our ffront drive doing his bike, the delivery guy left it 500 meters up the road with people we have never met before.
    It was very nice of the neighbour to take in our parcel but the delivery guy is a lazy so and so for not even trying to deliver to our own house.
  • GreatBeyond
    GreatBeyond Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Even if you select One Day Locker delivery it will still depend if they have stock available and where the stock is coming from.

It might also be worth keeping in mind the One Day Delivery with Amazon is that it will be delivered the day after dispatch rather than one day from when the order is placed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200182420&qid=1436996069&sr=1-2

It's similar to placing a pre-order, you can select One Day Delivery to Amazon Locker but it's still not going to arrive until the are able to release the stock.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport