Universal Credit help

I need some advice on evidence needed.
Will I need my birth certificate as well as my passport as proof of ID.
I changed my name after divorce including first name. So will I need my birth certificate.
I do have change of name deed, divorce papers.

I would be so great full for any advice and help. As I do not want to have to request for a new birth certificate from the place I was born. Due to my ex finding out my new town/city or residence.



  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    A claimant usually needs 5 current forms for ID for a UC claim. Passport, recent utility bill, Electoral Roll confirmation letter or bank statement, NI card, debit card will suffice.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards