Fifa 15 coins

Hello, hopefully someone will be of help here. Grandson is at me to buy him coins for his Fifa 15 game. I've had a look around online and wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of a reputable site where coins can be bought cheaply and safely. Don't really understand the process but guess that's just an age thing, anyone help?

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    EA (game creators of FIFA) have clamped down in the last few months on people buying coins.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-ultimate-team-coin-selling-and-buying-bans

There obviously are still people who buy coins (other ways of accumulating coins such as earning them through match play can take a long time and buying FIFA points for packs is expensive) but you should be aware it can be risky and if caught, you might get suspended or banned from FIFA.
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nickmack wrote: »
    EA (game creators of FIFA) have clamped down in the last few months on people buying coins.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-ultimate-team-coin-selling-and-buying-bans

There obviously are still people who buy coins (other ways of accumulating coins such as earning them through match play can take a long time and buying FIFA points for packs is expensive) but you should be aware it can be risky and if caught, you might get suspended or banned from FIFA.
    So buying coins is illegal? What's the situation regards buying these coins. Grandson says everybody does it but I am a bit wary now
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,344
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It's not illegal to buy the Packs, but they are expensive - packs get you extra items for your ultimate team - players, staff, contracts etc. which is what you normally save up your coins for, amongst other things. You aren't supposed to buy the coins themselves, so as nickmack says, it's risky. Also, don't forget that the security on PSN and EA is shoddy to say the least - I wouldn't put my card details anywhere near a PlayStation, and I've had PS2, 3, and 4. You can buy cards which give you credit on your account.
    My advice is tell him to earn them the old fashioned way (playing), and buy him something else. I love playing Fifa, but Fifa 15 is pretty poor, and is due to be replaced in a couple of months (with another shoddy version no doubt - Fifa 16), and spending money on coins is just a waste of time IMO.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    EA introduced price caps to stop coin sellers. Your grandson would have to list tons of cheap items for a maximum of 5000 coins for the seller to buy them and then this amount of buying activity is picked up by EA and your grandsons account will be banned for buying coins. Coin sellers are hackers so be warned.
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the tips here. He keeps badgering me about them, saying everybody uses them etc etc. Says something about a 'mule' account as a way round this but after your help here I don't think I will be buying much
  • System
    Community Admin
    Thanks to everyone's answers to davidscot.
    My son is also now on at me to buy him FUT coins ( FIFA 15 ) and using the 'everyone is doing it' arguement.
    This thread has been very helpful to me too.
    Thanks again.
    Linda
  • System
    Community Admin
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the buying of the FUT coins subject has reappeared with a vengeance!
    When asked what he would like for his Christmas, my son has taken to saying 'only Fifa coins' :-(
    He has also mentioned creating a mule account, which I have no idea about.
    Is the situation regards these coins the same as before? As in, dodgy, unreliable and a possible account ban scenario.
    Is there a legit way to get him a decent amount of coins?
    He is a great boy and rarely asks for anything, but I must admit I am very relactant to do this.
    Howver, I did promise to look into it, so all advice, wisdom and personal experiences gladly welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Linda x
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,302
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Does your Son really want to lose his account?

FCVIxFJ.png
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe your son needs to find a new game to play, maybe chess, draughts.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Thank you for the replies.
    The account is actually through me, as he is 13. I have pointed out the rules to him, but the old chestnut of 'everyone else is doing it' keeps coming up.
    Suggesting those other games is not really helpful to my enquiry, but thanks for taking the time to read my question.
    He has recently started football training properly, with a team ( he only got interested in football last year )
    Unfortunately, a lot of the games available are aimed at the over 18 market, and of course, everyone else has them :-(
    I am standing firm but it can be difficult.
    Thanks for your input so far.
    Linda
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family