Rise in Statutory Redundancy Cap

Options
I see that the cap on statutory redundancy has rised from £464 (I think) per year to £475. Not a huge rise but it's better than nothing I suppose.

I signed my settlement agreement late last year when the old figure was valid but I think that that's irrelevant and that we will get a revised amount based on £475. If someone can confirm then that'd be great as there's confusion here.

For the avoidance of doubt I earn in excess of this weekly figure.
I hate verisimilitude.

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    They only have to increase your payout if the settlement agreement is for a redundancy at the statutory rate

If they are only paying statutory why bother with an agreement if there is no other compensation.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They only have to increase your payout if the settlement agreement is for a redundancy at the statutory rate

If they are only paying statutory why bother with an agreement if there is no other compensation.
    There's statutory redundancy but I've been asked to stay on until this September and will receive a taxable bonus. It's this that has warranted the agreement.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    That would not require an agreement.
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    I see that the cap on statutory redundancy has rised from £464 (I think) per year to £475. Not a huge rise but it's better than nothing I suppose.

I signed my settlement agreement late last year when the old figure was valid but I think that that's irrelevant and that we will get a revised amount based on £475. If someone can confirm then that'd be great as there's confusion here.

For the avoidance of doubt I earn in excess of this weekly figure.

The cap on the weekly pay to be used in calculation of statutory redundancy pay rose to £475 on 6 April this year. So when your employment is terminated on the grounds of redundancy later this year, that would be the figure to be used.

Whatever was signed last year does not change your entitlement under the rules in operation at the time of your actual redundancy.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The cap on the weekly pay to be used in calculation of statutory redundancy pay rose to £475 on 6 April this year. So when your employment is terminated on the grounds of redundancy later this year, that would be the figure to be used.

Whatever was signed last year does not change your entitlement under the rules in operation at the time of your actual redundancy.
    Thanks. This was what I thought but just wanted to make sure. In the grand scheme of things it's not going to make a huge difference (just under £200) but I'd rather have it than not.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport