Tax Credit Renewal Query

Options
Hi all,

I haven't received a renewal pack for our child tax credit, Last week i did contact HMRC and the man on the phone said that our child tax credits are on auto renewal so a renewal pack may not be sent out to save paper.

Is this a new thing? Since claiming i've never heard this and i've always had a renewal pack, fair enough that i don't even need to do anything when i get the papers if nothing has changed it auto renews but i have always at least got that renewal information.

Is anyone else came across this? I trust what the man said as he should know what he is talking about but in the back of my mind i'm just a bit worried that payments will stop.

Comments

• mejjo203
    mejjo203 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    He's talking a load of !!!!.

Call again.

He did also say that a final batch is due to go out at the end of June..

But i'd imagine i would of got them by now.. There is one other thing i should point out and its because of what i just read online..

We had a change in circumstances in September 2014, We became responsible for another child, I think i read somewhere online if there that we won't have a renewal until the following tax year, so no renewal until around April - June 2016.. Is this right or is the best thing to do to call again.
  • mejjo203
    mejjo203 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Where did you read that? It's not correct.

I can't remember exactly now, It was somewhere when i was searching online to find out when i should get a renewal.

I suppose i shouldn't worry too much, Nothing has changed and over the past couple of years when i have got the renewal pack i've not had to contact them or fill out anything and it just auto renewed.
    It would still be nice to get the paperwork for reference with the updated figures.
  • kreissl1
    Options
    Can anyone help me.

We get child tax credits, not working tax credits.

I work now 21hrs and my husband 7.5 a week which I informed them of last week.

I noticed my payment this week has gone down £20.

I rang up and were told we have lost the 30hr a week element - but I thought this element was just for a working tax credit? They said they still use this elelemt in the calculation.

This is not mentioned on the gov site

Can anyone help?
  • kreissl1
    Options
    yes income too high (17,000 per annum as a couple) for wtc, but is there an hours element for child tax credit as well?
  • kreissl1
    Options
    Right, so that explains the reduction, because we don't work enough hours, even though they put the element in, they then remove it. £80 a month loss is massive - no sure how we can cover this.
  • bloolagoon
    bloolagoon Posts: 7,973 Forumite
    Options
    kreissl1 wrote: »
    Right, so that explains the reduction, because we don't work enough hours, even though they put the element in, they then remove it. £80 a month loss is massive - no sure how we can cover this.

It gets worse next year - can one of you not increase your hours?
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  • kreissl1
    Options
    husband could try to find a better paid job. I work part time for health reasons (not entitled to anything further for them)

never mind, will keep managing somehow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport