🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Maternity ending, housing benefit informing questions?

Options
I started maternity leave sept 2014, it has been 39 weeks now, so I have had my last maternity pay from them.

I have told housing benefit of the change, that my income from maternity pay has now ended.

They wrote back and said your housing benefit has been suspended, you need to send your p45 to prove your employment has ended.

I wrote back immediate saying my employment is not ending, just the pay. I am on maternity leave for upto 52 weeks.

I am now self employed 24 hrs week, just starting so my only income is WTC and CTC.

How can I get my housing benefit Unsuspended please?

Comments

• Gavin234
    Gavin234 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    I can't give them a p45 until the 52 weeks have ended, that's if I leave the employment.

How can I prove its only the pay that has ended after 39 weeks?
  • giddypenguin
    giddypenguin Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know that for tax credit purposes you are not classed as working after the first 39 weeks maternity leave - I'm not sure if HB has the same definition? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be by soon to help.

So are you currently working 24 hours self employed? Either you are on maternity leave or you are working, not both.
  • Gavin234
    Gavin234 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly, after 3 weeks my maternity pay stopped, and wtc would have stopped so I had to go back to SE 24 hrs week. But just starting to get a business off the ground, no profit for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport