Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• JJCD_2
    JJCD_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    We used the sun holiday vouchers and stayed in Bernie Riviere caravan site for £38 (about 50 mins away)and tesco vouchers for the chunnel. We live in South Wales so we booked a travelodge en-route for £15 and it all worked out very cheap!
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JJCD wrote: »
    We used the sun holiday vouchers and stayed in Berney Riviere caravan site for £38 (about 50 mins away)and tesco vouchers for the chunnel. We live in South Wales so we booked a travelodge en-route for £15 and it all worked out very cheap!

ditto ditto ditto lol :)
  • paigesmummy
    paigesmummy Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    hI there i was wondering if anyone could help me. Im looking to book a 2 or 3 night stay at disneyland paris (It has to be one of the hotels on the resort as we dont drive). There will be 4 of us. 2 adults 2 children aged 1 and 3. We will obviously be needing a hotel that can provide a cot and also we would be hoping to travel via eurostar. All the proces on the site seem way over the top and i know people have managed it cheaper but no idea how. We dont want to spend anything over £1000.
    Can anyone help. Oh and the better the star rating the better. PLease please please someone help. Its the only place my OH wants to go. The cheaper we can do this the better but i dont want realy bad accomodation and the character breakfasts sound fun.
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Options
    check out disneylandparis.com and see their prices, for example, staying in the very expensive disney hotel for 3 nights going on the 11th june cost £639, the eurostar for the all of you is £190 (the children are free) so your total for the 3 nights (with passes for 4 days) and the eurostar is £829, that is doing it youself

I would recommend tht you go mid week and out of school hols, you will find it cheaper but also their will not be the queues, if you have to go at the weekend at least keep away from the school hols

given the age of you children they will go free anyway as disney are doing a under 7's free promotion

check out places like cresta and leger who also do disney holdays and compair the price
  • poppyolivia
    poppyolivia Posts: 2,976 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We stay at Santa Fe....a park hotel (but one of the cheaper ones).....we've been twice there now and would defo use that hotel again.
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We've stayed at the Hotel Cheyenne and the Newport Bay Hotel, I'd say the Cheyenne is better for younger children out of the two. All of the Disney hotels are massive and within walking distance of the two parks. I think we got our holidays from Teletext. It may have been Cresta Holidays?
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • Graham_Lee_2
    Graham_Lee_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    You dont need transport to stay at the Holiday Inn, Kyriad, Dream Castle etc. There's several shuttle buses to and from the park every hour and they only take 5-10 minutes. You wont get the character breakfasts but are far better hotels imo that the cheaper onsite Disney hotels.
  • lowonmoney
    lowonmoney Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    If you've got Tesco Clubcard vouchers then you could trade them in for one of the holiday companies they deal with for 4 x the value. The way we did it when we went was with Airmiles, so it was only half the price. We stayed in Newport Bay and had a great time.
    Make £10 a day in January 2014 - £39.68 / £310
  • liz_uk
    liz_uk Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    I`d recommend the Holiday Inn .

We were also on a mission to spend under £1000, we had 3 adults and a 4 year old in our party and did it last May !!

We flew with Air France, booked directly through the air france website :

https://www.airfrance.co.uk

.. we then booked DIRECTLY with the Holiday inn.. as we had booked awhile in advance, it worked out about £20 a night per room, or something ridiculous like that, however we chose the option of the lower tariff that was non refundable if we cancelled.!

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/home

For our disney tickets we booked through 365 tickets.

http://www.365tickets.com/prodhubs.cfm/productId/71

We flew as it was easier for us to get to the airport rather than the eurostar.
    There is also a disney bus every 20 minutes from the Charlesdegaule airport which takes you to the hotels...

There are shuttles from most of the hotels into the park every 10/15 minutes !!

We stayed 3 nights and it was brilliant !!
    Debt Free Jan 2010!
    (Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
    :j
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

1k seems loads! you could get a late deal to Florida for that !! ;)

as your children are pre school age,if you go during term time it should be cheaper and quieter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure