Cheap Just Married/His & Her Decorations for a Room?

My mum and her boyfriend have just gotten married last week and they are currently on their honeymoon abroad. As a nice surprise I thought I got decoration their house for when they get back (by house I mean their living room and bedroom). I already have Mr & Mrs bunting and everywhere I look people suggest bunting!

Anyway I was thinking maybe stuff like ballons, flowers, maybe something personalised like a Mr & Mrs pillow or a balloon arch? I have no idea what to do or what else to get!

If anyone could give any suggestions (preferably cheaper ones as I want to get them a lot of things) that would be great thank you!

Replies

• DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Confetti (bulk from eBay)
    Thinking on it, a wedding decoration pack? Saves on postage but presumes everything for the big day was used.?

Less decoratively perhaps, wedding photos dotted around, but in pride of place a nice bottle holder & glasses with a welcoming note advising where the ice, champagne & heat-&-eat home cooked meal are stashed.

Flower arrangements (artificial & ideally resembling the wedding flowers, or fresh hedgerow in an eggcup - whichever you have time/resources for!) by the bed & in the bathroom, along with candles & boxes of matches (or lighters).

If they have any gardening inclinations, a couple of rose bushes? Still in pot awaiting planting, but with pots decorated with ribbon?

If they would be amused, "His" & "Hers" teacups/mugs? Or whatever is wildly gender-biased but still works as a mug from B&M or a pound shop?

Above all check the fridge is sorted for brews, cereal & an upmarket sandwich meal in case they are jet lagged & longing for a bite & brew!
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Home Bargains have a good range, nice and good prices too.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals