Suspicious reply?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
9 replies 1.2K views
marcarmmarcarm Forumite
1.2K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
My item is not late yet, but the bin advert stated free tracked delivery. No tracking number provided so emailed the seller to ask for it and got this reply. Worth bearing in mind that I work from home and my wife is on mat leave so someone here all the time. No cards or attempted delivery, just find it strange the seller has still not provided a tracking number and offered a refund so readily.

My address is fine and never had a failed delivery before.
I have looked into your consignment which infact was dispatched last week and should have reached you by now.

The reason it hasn't is because the tracking is reading unable to deliver to addressee item returned to sender.

It has not yet reached us back however it is not fair for you to wait any longer for a this as you clearly have not received the item and will not in the estimated delivery time because of this return to sender status I have gone ahead and arranged a 1ST CLASS REPLACEMENT to be sent to you today and arrive tomorrow.

I am unsure why this delivery was unsuccessful and will be looking into it more with mailing provider as I looked your address up and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it at all as I found it on google maps with no struggle.

Understandably this has left you with a bad experience on the whole and because of this we would be happy to offer you discount on any future orders with us as well.

I hope this is a fair and suitable resolution for your delay but if you would like a refund I can cancel the replacement and issue that immediately just please let me know?

My Kindest Regards,

Replies

• pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    18.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they forgot to post it then!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • sequencesequence Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Yep, they forgot or couldn't post it.
  • And how do you know it was not posted ? , Guessing that they never is hardly not posting the item really.
  • 19lottie8219lottie82 Forumite
    6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And how do you know it was not posted ? , Guessing that they never is hardly not posting the item really.

Educated guess. :rotfl:

Sounds more plausible than the delivery "failed", based on the info provided by the OP.
  • 19lottie82 wrote: »

Sounds more plausible than the delivery "failed", based on the info provided by the OP.

What a load of rubbish.
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    21.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    19lottie82 wrote: »

So why no tracking number?

Why no card through the O/Ps door from the courier saying a package has tried to be delivered?

Why is the seller happy to send out another parcel without at very least confirming the O/Ps address is correct, given the last item "failed" to get delivered and no card left?
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last week I bought something BIN and it showed as posted the next day. Two days after that the seller messaged me and said they were very sorry but they actually only posted it that day.

At least she was honest and up front and I was fine with this.
  • purple321purple321 Forumite
    523 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Unable to deliver is sometimes what shows on tracking when a package is damaged.
  • theoreticatheoretica Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time I had to ask about a package and was told it have been returned to sender it strangely enough didn't have a return address anywhere on or in it when I finally got it!
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals