Can someone help me with a Barclaycard Question?

Options
Hi,

I currently have a Barclaycard with 0% for 36 months that I took out in April 2015. They have now upped my limit and offered me a 0% until April 2016 with a 1% fee. If I took this to pay off an old credit card which still has some left on...how would this impact the Balance Transfers?? I am hoping to pay off the new BT before April 2016....would this work? Help?

Comments

• FIRSTTIMER
    FIRSTTIMER Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    This is all I can find on their website....I feel I can do it with out impacting anything? Correct?

A balance transfer is when you move your balance from an existing credit or store card onto your Barclaycard. This can make managing your money that bit easier ‐ plus, with our interest-free offers, you could take a breather from paying interest and save money too.
    Please note, you won't be able to transfer a balance from another Barclaycard or from a store or credit card that's from within the Barclays Group.
    • You can transfer a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of 90% of your credit limit. If you'd like to transfer more than your current credit limit allows, just go to 'Change your credit limit' under Accounts & Services in the top menu to ask for more, and we'll see if we're able to increase it for you.
    • You can choose how much to pay each month but should always make at least the minimum payment by the due date. You'll find this information on your monthly statement. You can also pay more than the minimum amount to reduce your balance sooner. This can help you save money by paying less interest at the end of your promotional period when your balance is charged at your standard rate.
      If you don't make your minimum monthly payment by the agreed upon due date, or if you ever exceed your credit limit, you'll lose your promotional rate and incur the standard purchase rate. Until you repay your transferred balance in full, you will incur interest on all your purchases at your standard purchase rate. This applies even if you repay your monthly spend in full each month.
    • We will use your payments to pay down your balance in this order:
      • Firstly, your cash withdrawals are repaid
      • Next, we pay off your standard purchases
      • Finally, the payment goes towards your promotional balance until it's fully paid off. If you have more than one promotional balance we pay off the one with higher interest rate first. If your promotional balances have the same interest rate, we'll reduce the balance with the earliest expiry date first
    • The transfer will reach your other lender by the end of the next working day after you make your request. It may take longer if we receive your request outside business hours (on a weekday after 7pm, or any time at the weekend or on a bank holiday). Occasionally we may have to make additional checks, for example, if we need to make sure that your request genuinely came from you. If this is the case, there may be a delay but we will process the transfer as quickly as we can.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    3rd bullet, 3rd sub-bullet, last sentence answers your question.

All payments go towards the offer expiring next year.
  • FIRSTTIMER
    FIRSTTIMER Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    I thought so...just probably wanted piece of mind by sharing it....How does this work for the fee of 1% is that expiry as april 2016.....how does it get treated?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Haven't had a Barclaycard for years but generally the fee is lumped in with transaction it refers to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure