Barrow Council Tax Payers Subsidise Parking Eye

Take a look at Parking Prankster's latest blog where Barrow Borough Council are refunding up to £100 a time paid to Parking Eye because the council did not prosecute PE for breaking planning permissions.

That money has to come out of the council's coffers, so the poor council tax payers will end up paying for that and the council's spending budget will be reduced :-

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...orist-for.html

Shades of the CO-OP and CEL.
What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?

Replies

• Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would hope that the council could re-claim this form the Range, but then again what should be and what is are often two totally different things especially when it comes to local authority's.

I notice that the blog also mentions Burton Hospital
    arkingEye has also applied for similar consents at other sites it manages including, fairly recently, Burton Hospital. So a crime is being committed at Burton Hospital as well!
    this place ( and others) have popped up on here more than once - If anything illegal has/is taking place then the CEO/Hospital manager should be held personally liable.
    If these people could be hit in the pocket, then I'm sure that things may be a little different.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half_way wrote: »
    I notice that the blog also mentions Burton Hospital
    this place ( and others) have popped up on here more than once - If anything illegal has/is taking place then the CEO/Hospital manager should be held personally liable.
    If these people could be hit in the pocket, then I'm sure that things may be a little different.
    The Chief Exec of Burton Hospital should be fired anyway for allowing the arch scammers PE to implement such a clear entrapment scheme there. Actually, she should refund all those who have paid PE out of her own pocket.
  • NorthlakesNorthlakes Forumite
    826 Posts
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refusing to assist in a crime has always been a defence in law.
    Certainly should be bundled in with court defences.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Ivor_PechequeIvor_Pecheque Forumite
    745 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I need to break this down for our Newquay Victims.....

No planning permission, illegality ? This sounds good fun.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • esmerobboesmerobbo Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar email battle with Gwynedd Council who claimed PE did not need planning permission to erect signs and CCTV on a Home and Bargain site.
    I soon corrected them and eventually they sent me details of a retrospective planning application.
    It is a pity PE probably earned enough from the people who paid up before the permission was granted, to pay for the application.
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldi/PE Dunstable is another example, The council insisted that non Aldi customers could use the car park. PE ignored this and started ticketing them. I don't think that those non-customers who received these fake fines ever received a refund.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • NorthlakesNorthlakes Forumite
    826 Posts
    One of the reasons that PPC's don't like applying for express advertising consent is that earlier planning constraints, such as parking for other local amenities (and times) are resurrected.

These earlier planning conditions are still valid but can be forgotten by the planners over time.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • bazsterbazster Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    trisontana wrote: »
    Aldi/PE Dunstable is another example, The council insisted that non Aldi customers could use the car park. PE ignored this and started ticketing them. I don't think that those non-customers who received these fake fines ever received a refund.

Nope, not a penny.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Ivor_PechequeIvor_Pecheque Forumite
    745 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I raised an enquiry about the Parking Eye signs at Fistral, but it seemed to get lost in the bureaucracy.

Are planning consents for signeage contained in statutes, or is it down to the opinion of local planning departments ?
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS