HSBC's New £120 Switch Offer

Options

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The ISA is their existing Save Together deal: pay in £25 (or more) a month, and they add £10 to it. That's 40% (plus the 1.5% interest on the Loyalty Cash ISA), not a bad return.
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2015 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Can customers qualify for the Save Together bonus in more than one year assuming they make the requisite payments.

Edit: I have just found where it says "You can only benefit from Save Together once."
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • NotRichAtAll
    NotRichAtAll Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First, to qualify for the £120 you get for opening the account you need to be able to pay in £1,750 a month for the first two months at least.

This is bad news for people who do not have mega amounts of savings
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is bad news for people who do not have mega amounts of savings

I doubt there will be any term that says the £1,750 will need to be deposited in one sum. You can make £1,750 by cycling several smaller amounts in and out of the account.
  • inspireme247
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I doubt there will be any term that says the £1,750 will need to be deposited in one sum. You can make £1,750 by cycling several smaller amounts in and out of the account.

Hopefully! :j
    You will only fail to learn if you do not learn from failing.

Save 2015 - #097 £600/£7000
    CC Outstanding #1: £2544 02/2017 #2: £398 09/2015 #3: £363 08/2015
  • Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Not sure that opening three new Lloyds accounts (presumably to switch) will help you. Looks like it's one £120 incentive per person at HSBC.

The 3 are because I'm only just joining this switching band wagon and Lloyds say if you open n amount of accounts at the same time they'll only do 1 credit check. The 3 will cover Halifax, TSB & another (to avoid LBG) in the end but before then will cover all the different switches available.
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | Mortgage (Sep 22): £0
    Cashback sites: £900 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    Options
    i was hoping this was an incentive for switching to HSBC from other current account providers.. im already with them with a Premier account, and don't want to allocate my ISA to HSBC.
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dird wrote: »
    The 3 are because I'm only just joining this switching band wagon and Lloyds say if you open n amount of accounts at the same time they'll only do 1 credit check. The 3 will cover Halifax, TSB & another (to avoid LBG) in the end but before then will cover all the different switches available.
    I would have thought they meant only Lloyds accounts, and that Halifax would do theirs separately, but maybe not. But TSB aren't part of Lloyds anyway now, so would be separate.
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    i was hoping this was an incentive for switching to HSBC from other current account providers.. im already with them with a Premier account, and don't want to allocate my ISA to HSBC.
    My ISAs are S&S at the moment, and squirting £300 into a Cash ISA won't affect them at all. Pity about the £120 switching incentive, though; I've only just opened an Advance a/c, but have already had a Bank a/c for three months, so won't qualify.
  • Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    I would have thought they meant only Lloyds accounts, and that Halifax would do theirs separately, but maybe not. But TSB aren't part of Lloyds anyway now, so would be separate.

Yes only the Lloyds accounts. But I need to set up some accounts initially to switch from.
    On Friday I opened a TSB CA (waiting on card), now I need a Lloyds CA to switch to it. Will use the other 2 CAs to switch to HSBC & M&S once I set up CAs at those banks too
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | Mortgage (Sep 22): £0
    Cashback sites: £900 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure