Gathering info from PayPal

Hi

Is there an easy way to find the total fees charged? I'm trying to do my daughter's accounts and it's a bit laborious working through each individual transaction. There's also a lot of sales in other currencies, is there a way to list them in gbp?

TIA

Comments

• TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    We use Kashflow, which will import all the Paypal transactions
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You can download files to use in spreadsheet software.
    It's fairly easy if you have access to Excel or something compatible.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ok. I'll check what info is put on to Excel I did download it to adobe but it's still in other currencies.

I'd not thought about a software package/app, do you know if Kashflow works with Etsy and imports the figures in gbp?
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In paypal there is an option to print of a sales report (monthly report?) that gives you a 2 page PDF detailing all your info from the last month. One gives you a list of all your sales and another is shorter with all all the financials (inc fees). Think it's under "reports" or "tools"?
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    If you have a business account as above you can download a report which will tell you everything including fees. You can specify the time period. If you do not have a business account you can download every sale in a summary spreadsheet. You can then add up the fees column from that.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    I have a spreadsheet in which I just input the final sale price, and it works out all the fees and deductions from that - although I only use GBP so this would get more complicated with other currencies.

I use Libre Office, but the principle is the same for any spreadsheet really.
  • busybee100
    Thank you, I've found the reports :D There's even one for PayPal fees thank goodness. I thought I was going to have to go through each transaction. I'll investigate further tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
  • busybee100
    I give up!

Honestly I'm wading through various reports and cannot find one for PayPal fees. How difficult can they make it?

Am I just missing something obvious? Are they easier to find on a PayPal business account? How much more does a business account cost?
  • busybee100
    It's ok. I think I've worked out what's happened - most the sales have been paid in elsewhere so not many fees in PayPal. Just to work out foreign currencies now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure