Help! Hose me down, my spending's on fire!!

Options
2»

Comments

• enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ha, i have been on the lookout for one of these locally for a few weeks now as my wallet is full of receipts most of the time!! I get receipts for everything!!
    I made mine from old knitting needle drilled through old piece of wood (well was nice end of a cot but have used all the other items for alternative uses)
    It does the job
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • Pollygarter
    Pollygarter Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    You gave me an almighty great kind but firm kick up the proverbial when I bounced in here a few months back.

It was exactly what I needed. Get some fire up you man, you don't need putting out you just need to get back on that big ugly horse and keep riding like that fire is going to burn you up if you don't keep moving. Don't go off the boil. Some bits of the ride are dull as dishwater, I get that. I also know from past experiences dealing with other destructive habits that we love to self sabotage about months three to five. I reckon its cos things are really changing, we have sensed our power to change and then we consider the job done. Well it isn't. It's just starting. Each day and each decision you make is either a step towards financial power for you and your family or away. I am just entering that time frame myself and I know I am sensing the lure of the Shiny Precious Things of the Shop more intensely. No. No. No. No. No!

Shut that wallet and get on with it man. I need you around to kick me when I start to whingeing next month. OK?
    Total debt at 18.9.17 £1950

Debts down £12,700 high in Feb 2015, £10,700 April 15, £8830 May 15, £6776 June 15 , £5857 July 15 £6970 1.3.16
    £3950 15 May 2017 £3470 July 17 £2650 21.8.17
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh Andy, don't beat yourself up about it, it happens. The best thing is that you are using YNAB and it was probably easy to reconcile and get back on track. Now you know what you have done, you'll think twice about doing that again won't you. You fell off the wagon for a bit, but you got back on and that's what counts. YNAB has 'rule 4' for a reason. It acknowledges that we are frail humans not financial computers and sometimes, we let our avaricial natures take over temporarily. As long as you re-emburse your emergency pots over the coming months, no harm done. The pain will teach you a lesson.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, come on Andy, you know the drill. Don't get in a tizzy, just do what you tell others to do. Buck up and cool down. Have a real sort out and start again - no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure