PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tonight I will be eating....

Options
13»

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes, I too have something brown in a plastic bag but threw away the box to save room and so have no idea what it is or how to cook it!

If I do that I cut the cooking instructions off the packet and put the item to a freezer bag and then put the little piece of card/ plastic in and as it is between the layers does not get on to your food.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Surely marker pens and labels remove all the fun and anticipation from dinnertime?
  • Lozz
    Lozz Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pal wrote:
    Surely marker pens and labels remove all the fun and anticipation from dinnertime?

Definitely! I was on holiday last week and have been storing meals for hubby for while I was away, Monday he took his chilli out of the freezer, and ended up with beef stew, Tuesday he took his chilli out and ended up with sausage casserole, Wednesday he took his chilli out and ended up with sausage casserole again, Thursday he took his chilli out and finally had his chilli! He also went out and bought me a marker pen for some reason!

Lozz
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LOL :j :j :j
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Loadsabob
    Loadsabob Posts: 662 Forumite
    Options
    I am thrilled that my pasta suggestion would have been spot on this time! Hurrah! :j
  • Pal
    Options
    Thankfully I identified the defrosted food correctly and managed to cook pasta to go with it.

Tonight however I shall be pulling something from the freezer and microwave defrosting it, so the window of opportunity for cooking an appropriate addition will be much smaller. If it is beef cassarole and I end up having to cook potatoes, we won't be eating until after Pal Junior has gone to bed, so he may have to go hungry!

Talk about sailing close to the wind, eh?
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    Tonight we are trying my first attempt at a homemade beef pie. I have to admit that I didn't really follow any recipe so I'm hoping that its okay...especially as I have 2 more in the freezer.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Pal
    Options
    What you need to do is bake some fruit pies of identical size and shape, then put them in the freezer unlabelled while keeping your eyes closed.

For added interest, make one using dogfood. You can call it "Fridge Roulette - A game for all the family".
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Or even better label savoury with S for savoury

and label sweet with S for sweet!!

Hours of fun :j
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors