Quote for En-suite

Options
We are having a new en-suite fitted at our house and have received a quote from B&Q for 7K, 5K of which is for installation which seems really steep to me.

This includes removal of old suite, removal of tiling and plasterboard replacement, tiling, pump for shower and some electrical work (which may not need doing, won't know till the survey is done.

I know we would get it done much cheaper but we can never get tradesmen for anything and at least it's done from start to finish.

Comments

• catterlen
    catterlen Posts: 169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It cost us about £4.5k for a new bathroom, tiling etc, all fittings, and new consumer unit plus electrics to go with it. Took 4 days start to finish by a local company down the road from us. They were recommended by a work colleague and did a really good job.
  • NICHOLAS_2
    NICHOLAS_2 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    What's the purpose of this thread? You say you know you can get it cheaper?

We did an en suite, tiled top to bottom, shower and enclosure fitted, sink and vanity unit, toilet and vanity unit, planked ceiling with spot lights and flooring for i think less than 4k and that was with quality materials fitted.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you identify where you are, somebody may be able to suggest a company local to you.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    NICHOLAS wrote: »
    What's the purpose of this thread? You say you know you can get it cheaper?

We did an en suite, tiled top to bottom, shower and enclosure fitted, sink and vanity unit, toilet and vanity unit, planked ceiling with spot lights and flooring for i think less than 4k and that was with quality materials fitted.

Seeing as this sub forum is called "is this quote fair?" I imagined the purpose of the thread would be self explanatory :)
  • Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    If you identify where you are, somebody may be able to suggest a company local to you.

I am in Aberdeenshire.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport