Holiday in southern England

Options
2»

Comments

• rachel_green
    rachel_green Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    WestonDave wrote: »
    To be fair if you are planning to drive from Longleat to the boat then Bath is certainly a possibility as its only a 40 minute drive from Bath to Longleat.

I guess the question is what are you looking for - Longleat and Paultons Park are clearly aimed at the little one. Salisbury and Stonehenge more adult - albeit a 3 year old will enjoy a play park anywhere!

If you wanted to do Bath, I'd suggest that you aimed to leave Bath for Longleat on the morning of day 6 so spend day 5 at least in Bath. Again I'm not sure what your idea of hotels is like but I can recommend suitable ones within your budget. Within Bath you can do visits like the Roman Baths, and Abbey which are fairly adult but you can also take your son for a stroll through Victoria Park (conveniently passing the major architectural attractions of the Circus and Royal Crescent) ending up at the massive play area we have in the park.

The tricky part is finding things to do if we say assume you were to do 2 nights in Bath so arriving on the evening of day 4. Stourhead is lovely and on the way up http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stourhead/ The other obvious alternative is to save Salisbury for the journey up and have more time at Paultons just enjoying the park.

Wow This is great, thank you.
    We are leaving Southampton to drive to our new destination spending two nights there and leaving to go to longleat and then home.

We don't mind driving a few hours in the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure