Rip off builder

Options
Warning to anyone as trusting as us. Do not trade with James Harris. Last heard of in Plymouth. At that time he was trading under Pilgrim Property Maintenance.

He carried out some little job for next door and put a leaflet through our letterbox. We contacted him regarding working for us.

First up the roof. He said what was wrong and quoted approx £1,300 to fix it. Next up was damp at the bottom of our back wall. Seemed to make a good job of that. Now foolishly we ordered a door for £450 and from another place another door and windows. Again about the same.

Like a mug he said that he would pick up the door and we gave him the cash. A week later it was supposed to arrive. He told us it was damaged and a new one was being sent.

We had to go away for a few days and as he seemed a nice guy we gave him some more cash upfront to carry on. On our return we found some of his tools were in the garden and he was gone. Did`nt answer his mobile. A knock on the door and a guy said that he was also looking for the guy.

The work he did in the garden was sub standard and as for the roof. temporary repair that should have cost £250. Neither trading standards or the police have found anything.

On the grapevine we have heard that a number of people are looking for him. In all it cost well over £2000 to correct the work and the money he stole. Yes i know I trusted him so bad decision from me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure