London open top bus Tour

Options
alistairstubbs
alistairstubbs Posts: 55 Forumite
Can anyone recommend a open top bus tour of London.

Thanks

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you'll already have a Travelcard then you could take a tour using ordinary buses for free...

From Marble Arch:

- 2, 36, 52, 436 etc., passing the back of Buckingham Palace, to Victoria.
    - 11, passing Westminster Cathedral, House of Lords, House of Commons, Trafalgar Square, the Law Courts in the Strand and St Paul's Cathedral to Liverpool Street.
    - 42 or 78, passing the Tower of London and passing over Tower Bridge to Tooley Street.
    - RV1, passing Festival Hall, Tate Modern, London Eye to the Strand, passing over Waterloo Bridge.
    - 6, passing Trafalgar Sq, Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street and Oxford Street, back to Marble Arch.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The differance being when you are on one of the open top buses you get a running commentary about where you are and the buildings and what their history is.I took a Canadian cousin on one about 10 years ago and I am a born and bred Londoner (and an ex-taxi driver :)). I found out things I had never known before about my own home town I don't know how much they are now, but I know they are not cheap,but I thought they were worth every penny and my cousin was delighted with the trip.plus you can get on and off along the way to look at places more closely
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the big bus tours and that is the one we always use

www.bigbustours.com/london

I see they are doing two days for the price of one at the moment I preferred it when they gave a discount for buying on line

during the summer we would start our 24hrs tickets around 4.00pm and then it would run until 4.00pm the next day doing this we could ride the busses on your first afternoon and then most of the next day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure