»

MSE News: As important as the ticket: Get the right insurance cover for festivals

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

MSE News: As important as the ticket: Get the right insurance cover for festivals

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
5 replies 1.3K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
PPR
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
New research reveals that nearly 60% of us either have no insurance or aren't sure what our policy covers...
Read the full story:

As important as the ticket: Get the right insurance cover for festivals

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• corbyboycorbyboy
    1.2K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Check if the festival organiser has a locker area, which is usually free.

You what? I will eat my hat if you can find a single festival that offers free lockers, let alone describing them as "usually" free.
  • cinereuscinereus
    2.7K posts
    Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    corbyboy wrote: »
    You what? I will eat my hat if you can find a single festival that offers free lockers, let alone describing them as "usually" free.

Eh? The biggest and most well known festival in the country - Glastonbury - has had free lock-ups for as long as I can remember. Pretty sure plenty of others I've been to have as well but I've never needed to use any of them.
  • corbyboycorbyboy
    1.2K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    cinereus wrote: »
    Eh? The biggest and most well known festival in the country - Glastonbury - has had free lock-ups for as long as I can remember. Pretty sure plenty of others I've been to have as well but I've never needed to use any of them.

Well I am surprised. I have been to quite a few festivals and never seen a free locker. Never been to Glastonbury though. Currently eating my hat as I type...
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt
    9.4K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Meanwhile, the average festivalgoer spends £170/day, rising to a whopping £850/day at Glastonbury, once you average out the cost of the ticket, miscellaneous spending on the day, transport and the value of items you bring with you, such as wellies, sunglasses and tents.'

How much? I know its been a few years since I went, but I don't think I spent this over the course of the entire Glastonbury festival, in fact I know I didn't, not even factoring in everything we took. Simple way to avoid fall foul of theft - don't take unnecessary valuables and loads of stuff.

We took the clothes we were standing in, one change, tent, sleeping bags, and baby wipes / toilet roll. Not much else tbh. No more than would fit in a rucksack plus tent - the more you take the more you have to carry. And make sure you take clothes you don't mind being stolen / puked on / incinerated when muppets set light to nylon tents under power cables (yup, had some bright sparks - literally at Glastonbury one year!)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Faith177Faith177
    2.9K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lockers at Download this year were £12 I think but we're guarded 24/7 and you had a smart band that you used to get in.

I spent about £600ish this year over the 5 days mainly on band merch and clothes (even though I have more than enough already lol)

The festival was cashless this year so you didn't need to carry any money around with you. You could either top up on site or through the app that they had set up
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms