Credit Card Companies Online Facilities

Options
After reading a thread in the credit cards board about how someone was having a lot of hassle trying to access his account online, I felt prompted to start this thread to have a little rant about my issues too.

Tesco HAS to have the absolute WORST financial site I have ever seen. Out of all the accounts I can access online, this is without doubt the poorest.

Even a simple thing like logging in has issues. When you type in your password or other details, most sites will automatically jump to the next box to be filled in, not with Tesco though, the cursor stays put and you have to move to the next box yourself. Admittedly this is not a problem as such, but it is annoying and for a multi-million pound company, it's not beyond the realms of reason to assume they would have more of a user friendly site.

Once you are logged in, all you can see is the total outstanding balance due on the account. So if you need to check that a particular transaction has gone through, you have to phone to query.

If it wasn't for the fact that I collect points on the card, I would close the account as I hate the site with a vengeance. It's about as informative and useful as a wet paper bag.

I've complained about the site, but all I ever get in response is 'Oh? We haven't had any complaints before.'

I refuse to believe I am the only one who thinks an improvement is needed!

Edited to add: Since there hasn't been any posts agreeing with me, maybe I am, lol!
Herman - MP for all! :)

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can tell you for an absolute 100% fact that they have lied to you. I have complained about the site more than once.

I am a bit puzzled about you saying you can only see the balance. I think you might be missing the click button that takes you to the transactions.

My issue with this site at the moment, is that although I can download my credit card transactions, my Clubcard Plus statement downloads blank. Tesco and I have swapped e-mails for four days in relation to the issue and now they have gone suspiciously quiet. I am going to log on again later to see if the issue has been resolved. They keep putting in their e-mails to contact them on their 0845 number but I don't see why I should pay for a call when these problems have only arisen since they changed their site.

Incidentally, if you click on the help button you get a screen which says you have been inactive for 10 minutes and have been logged out. It even does that if you select help as soon as you log on!!
  • BoltonMinx
    BoltonMinx Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    I have the same problem - I cant get transactions just my balance :mad:
    "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

:A ~~~ S
    pread some good Karma ~~~ :A
  • Bossyboots
    Options
    I was just wondering whether you have gone through the jumping through hoops registration system where they send you a registration number but only activate it once you have returned to them a signed form? This was what they introduced to allow you to access accounts online. It sounds like you two may still only be registered for the very basic accounts online access as at the beginning, you could only see the balances.
  • Plasticman
    Plasticman Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Options
    I tried to register on their website but gave up after several attempts. My Tesco Credit Cards is the only account that I have that I cannot access on line. :mad:
    If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802
  • BoltonMinx
    Options
    Bossyboots wrote:
    I was just wondering whether you have gone through the jumping through hoops registration system where they send you a registration number but only activate it once you have returned to them a signed form? This was what they introduced to allow you to access accounts online. It sounds like you two may still only be registered for the very basic accounts online access as at the beginning, you could only see the balances.

I got the form and sent it back, so no, should have full access. I didnt even realise you could get transactional information :confused: - its a very poor site :(
    "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same here BoltonMinx, form signed and returned.

Clicking on the click button only takes me to another screen where only the total balance is listed - no transactions.

It's strange how BossyBoots can see her transactions though. Don't suppose it's got anything to do with whether you have other accounts with them, or what kind of card you hold?

(None / Platinum Mastercard)

I think we should all send them a complaining email every day until they improve things, lol!
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Bossyboots
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    Same here BoltonMinx, form signed and returned.

Clicking on the click button only takes me to another screen where only the total balance is listed - no transactions.

It's strange how BossyBoots can see her transactions though. Don't suppose it's got anything to do with whether you have other accounts with them, or what kind of card you hold?

(None / Platinum Mastercard)

I think we should all send them a complaining email every day until they improve things, lol!

I have received another e-mail today asking me to confirm certain details about my account and computer set up. I will reiterate the point that I have downloaded my credit card transactions as every reply comes from someone else and I think it has been lost along the way.

I have now copied and pasted my transactions from my Clubcard Plus account as I need to get on with my accounts and don't want to wait any longer.

For those who sent the forms back, did you receive your registration number? I didn't get one first time and had to prompt them to send me another one.
  • BoltonMinx
    Options
    I know this is a very old thread, but cleaning up my subscriptions and thought I'd reply to say - you can only see your credit card a/c transactions if you have another eligible account like the clubcard+

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have heard a few people in work complaining about the Tesco site ... and know that at least one person was on the phone giving them bucketfuls about how useless it was. The line they got was that it would be updated at some point in the future ... well 31 March 2096 is in the future but I am not convinced I will be about to see it. :D

ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Bossyboots
    Options
    They have now sorted things out and I find it a very useful site now. It does have the odd little quirk which I report if I come across it but despite my earlier reservations, I think it is now very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure