CCJ After DRO

Options
2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Looks like you got there in the end (only just noticed this post) and the DRO should form a complete defence to the claim.

The definitive proof of what was in your DRO is the letter that the DRO Unit sends out on the day the DRO is awarded. They call it the DEBTNOT (Debtor's notice).

You can ask the Intermediary if they still can access their submission document, and usually they can, and usually that forms the order, but because the DRO Unit can make changes pre-order this is not final proof.

It means that the DEBTNOT is an important document that should be kept safe. Fortunately the chaps at the DRO Unit are invariably friendly and helpful and will send out a replacement.

On a separate note, you should never ignore a court claim form in the hope that you will get your day in court. That won't happen - you just get a judgement in default and it's then more difficult to set it aside as the court will want an explanation as to why you ignored the claim form!
  • LouR
    LouR Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Looks like you got there in the end (only just noticed this post) and the DRO should form a complete defence to the claim.

The definitive proof of what was in your DRO is the letter that the DRO Unit sends out on the day the DRO is awarded. They call it the DEBTNOT (Debtor's notice).

You can ask the Intermediary if they still can access their submission document, and usually they can, and usually that forms the order, but because the DRO Unit can make changes pre-order this is not final proof.

It means that the DEBTNOT is an important document that should be kept safe. Fortunately the chaps at the DRO Unit are invariably friendly and helpful and will send out a replacement.

On a separate note, you should never ignore a court claim form in the hope that you will get your day in court. That won't happen - you just get a judgement in default and it's then more difficult to set it aside as the court will want an explanation as to why you ignored the claim form!

Great info!

I remember including the debt an it showing on the DRO. Just anxious now whilst waiting for the replacement to come and prove to myself it was included.
    Thank you all.
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    How do you get an 'official' CCJ without going to court??!!

CCJs dont require court attendance, it's a paperwork process only
  • wba31
    Options
    NorthFin wrote: »
    Have you told them recently you did a DRO and they were included?

I wouldnt worry about it, just ignore until the court date and then show up (if it comes to that) and tell them the debt was in your DRO.

Can you remember who was your intermediary? They will surely be able to provide you with necessary documentation.

There are no court dates, you have 19 days to fill out one of the responses and to send it back to the relevant address. Nothing to do with the intermediary, need to speak to the Insolvency Service
  • LouR
    Options
    Hi all,

Ok I sent my defense/DRO form back to the court a while back.

Today I've received a letter "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track". I don't want to mediate or negotiate with the agency harassing me but not sure how to respond to it.

[RANT]It would take 20 seconds to check that the debt is included on the DRO but instead I have to go to court. [RANT]
    Thank you all.
  • wba31
    Options
    LouR wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ok I sent my defense/DRO form back to the court a while back.

Today I've received a letter "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track". I don't want to mediate or negotiate with the agency harassing me but not sure how to respond to it.

[RANT]It would take 20 seconds to check that the debt is included on the DRO but instead I have to go to court. [RANT]

Call the Insolvency Service and ask for the details of your DRO, this should provide evidence you can copy and send off - 01752 635 200
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If that's an N180 you need to complete it and send it back.

Keep a record of your costs because you want them reimbursed.
  • LouR
    Options
    wba31 wrote: »
    Call the Insolvency Service and ask for the details of your DRO, this should provide evidence you can copy and send off - 01752 635 200
    Yes I've done this already hence the rant of having to STILL prove my innocence. Thanks for your help.
    Thank you all.
  • LouR
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    If that's an N180 you need to complete it and send it back.

Keep a record of your costs because you want them reimbursed.

It's an N149A. Will I need to counter-claim for reimbursement of my costs or is there a simpler solution?
    Thank you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport