Help.. can we claim anything??? Change of circumstances

Options
Hello all.. getting v worried now.. we moved area due to family support required.. I have just secured a new job.. but at a rate of bring home about 1k per month.. actual annual salary is 14250... my partner is searching for a job but can only work part time due to waiting for a back op.. until then he is not earning anything and cannot claim anything now i have a job..
Are we going to be eligible for anything tax credits wise.. I was earning more last year so i understand they base it on that..but what do we do this year??/ by the time the rent and bills are paid we are stuffed... I know if we had been earning this last year as a couple we would be eligible but not this year??? we do not have children and are both 51....
i am so worried.. we have put a claim in for wtc but dont think we will get anything based on our last years earnings of 18k combined.. scared...

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mollygrub wrote: »
    we have put a claim in for wtc but dont think we will get anything based on our last years earnings of 18k combined.. scared...

you may well get a zero award back initially as they use the previous years income unless this years is expected to be £5k+ higher or £2.5k+ lower

once you get the award notification through then call and give them an estimate of your 15/16 income. If the total income for the tax year is expected to be £14,250 then they will use £16,750 in the calculations (estimate + £2.5k)...this would give you around £10ish per week WTC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure