Child tax credit: Full time education

Options
I have told HMRC twice that my 16yr old son is staying on in full time education. They have sent me an award notice which only covers the period to 31 August, which is when it would run out if he wasn't staying in education. Do I need to renew this nearer the date, or will they send me a revised notice/ ask for confirmation in August? Or is it likely they have made a mistake? I hope someone can answer this as I can't face ringing them again (took 3 attempts the first time to ring them after I did my renewal online)
Thank you Forumites!

Comments

• FRESTER
    FRESTER Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    I have told HMRC twice that my 16yr old son is staying on in full time education. They have sent me an award notice which only covers the period to 31 August, which is when it would run out if he wasn't staying in education. Do I need to renew this nearer the date, or will they send me a revised notice/ ask for confirmation in August? Or is it likely they have made a mistake? I hope someone can answer this as I can't face ringing them again (took 3 attempts the first time to ring them after I did my renewal online)
    Thank you Forumites!

Your award will be updated after 1st September.
    No need to call again it's just the system doesn't update until then.
    They will send you another award notice after 1st September showing your son in further education.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure