Defaults dropped off.

Options
I had three sizeable defaults in 2009 that occurred after I broke up with my ex (I should have been more on top of things). They were all settled as soon as I found out about them but I have held off applying for any credit since due to the impact these had on my credit score. I have had no adverse credit before or since. I have had the usual mobile phone contracts and utility's and I am on the electoral register.

Two of the three defaults have already dropped off due to six years having passed and the last is due to disappear in mid July.

My question is will my credit score improve straight away and will I now be treated like any other applicant with no adverse credit or will the effects of these defaults linger on preventing me getting approved for a mortgage.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The credit score could move in any direction. Fortunately, it doesn't matter.

Lenders will judge you based on what they can see on your file and your income.
  • mattb01
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean that with no other adverse credit the only issue I may have will be the lack of credit products I have?
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    The past issues that have dropped off your file won't be visible or taken in to account by any new potential lender searching your file.

Whether you may have any other issues will depend on your other circumstances.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family