IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

how do i know if my PCN is fake?

Options
hello all,

today i recieved a parking charge notice for parking in a car park at an industrial estate.

i have been trying to work out who it is from! this might sound stupid but the only information it has on it is ' MWA enforcement' and 'paymypcn.net' i have tried googling the MWA enforcement but it doesnt come up with any relavent information. obviously i have been able to google details of the paymypcn.net , but thats still not telling me enough about the original people issueing me this.

i know theres lots of advice here on how to appeal and wether to appeal or not etc , but i just want to firstly find out who this is from and how do i know if they are trying to issue me with a fake PCN ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    a couple of links to company house check , but nothing BPA/IPC related

a chancer?

wait and see if you get a notice to keeper in the post in 29-56 days
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
  • 2106x
    2106x Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    i wasn't the only one who got a ticket , a few other people did aswell because it gets used as an over flow car park for the gym next door ( little did we know that the actual over flow car park is hidden around the back of the offices with no clear signs)

but anyway im sure some people will just pay it ( £100 , reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) and some will chance it , i think i will chance it considering nothing BPA/IPC related can be found !

nothing comes up when i click on the link you sent ? it just says the website is under maintenance

thank you for your reply
  • 2106x
    Options
    the name martin allsop, on the ticket where it says parking attendant it says : mallsopp ... how did you know / find that ??
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    prob some guy done a deal with paymypcn , interesting if something comes of this , if it does , come back
  • 2106x
    Options
    can people really do that?? make deals with companies like paymypcn and just give out parking charge notices that arent legit ?

but yea i will do !
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2106x wrote: »
    can people really do that?? make deals with companies like paymypcn and just give out parking charge notices that arent legit ?

but yea i will do !

He's given you an invoice, anyone can do that!
  • sirphil_2
    Options
    Lucky I stumbled on this thread, I got the same thing yesterday in that gym overflow car park. I was looking online also and found nothing on this "company". He doesn't have my name, only my registration number so I think I'm going to wait it out and see if I get sent anything. Funny how the only name attached to this MWA Enforcement is also the one who issued the ticket.

I parked in one of the bays along the metal fence which doesn't have a The Gym small sign on it and the only spaces free that did were so small that even my tiny Yaris barely fitted so I thought parking there would be easier, who else is going to need to park there after 6pm if its an office estate?
  • Goonergirl1
    Goonergirl1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 4 June 2015 at 9:45PM
    Options
    Hi all, I been parking next door in the estate also at a empty building a friend parked round back by the railings an also got a parking ticket. This was after 6pm an we was lead to believe we could park next door as landlord owns the land also of The Gym an the estate next door. We was told on the pre opening this an can park there. I took the ticket into the gym spoke to the Assistant manager, he just said a few people have come in complaining about this. So why we have not been told that we will get parking tickets I don't know. But more to the point is this ticket legite, who are these people. An what can they do. I feel quite upset by it. An may leave the gym as it's such restricted parking. An to get this fine it's nearly the years gym membership. Can anyone let me know what there going to do. The assistant manger took a pic of my ticket an said he will appeal for me but he won't hold his breath. Thanks in advance for any info.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    has the gym hired them , if its there land?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure