overpaid child tax credit

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 762 views
sunnyhighsunnyhigh Forumite
26 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Again I have received a letter yesterday from Inland revenue mentioning about overpayment of child tax credit. This is mistake made by inland revenue. Some years back these letters were also sent.
How do you deal with this?


  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Posting in an appropriate forum would be a good start.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Agree a repayment plan with them.
  • DarksliderDarkslider Forumite
    86 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Is it from Concentrix working on behalf of HMRC? We've had one also asking for more information about childcare charges. My partner was worried sick, even more so now we've looked at our childcare costs since she started working and it looks like we might have over estimated our costs by £10 a week! (we both work shifts and she does unsociable hours, and there's been a few weeks the childcare building has been shut for building works so we've had to make alternative arrangements.)

    A quick google reveals all sorts of nasty news about concentrix, cases being opened in error just to meet targets etc. So we've just given them all the forms and information we posess and we're keeping our fingers crossed. Recommend you do the same if they've asked for any info.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals