We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Where to source discontinued kitchen units (Howdens)

Options
Having finally saved the money to get my kitchen refitted, we had a Howedens rep come to the house this evening to measure up and draw up some plans.

I had my heart set on the Glendevon Range in Flint Grey, with concave corner units.

They have a new brochure - just out today apparently - and still do the Glendevon Range in Flint Grey. But they have discontinued the concave corners units. I am so disappointed!

I have looked on Ebay and found a supplier in Stockton who is advertising a couple of "sets" of cupboards within the range, and he is showing the concave units. But from reading the listing, I suspect you just buy what you want from him and he arranges delivery from the local Howden's branch. Which would kind of suggest that he won't be able to supply the curved units I want.

So - other than fleabay, can anyone suggest any other clever hints and tricks that I can try, to source the corner cabinets that I want?

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I deal with Howdens alot. When they say something is discontinued, it means it is no longer manufactured. It may still be available in other branches.

You need to get them to do a stock check at all other branches to see who still has some in stock. You may need to get them to speak to head Office as there maybe some in their distribution depot. Its only when it is classed as 'obselete' does it mean that you can't get hold of it.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • HurdyGurdy
    HurdyGurdy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you phill99. That gives me some hope, and I will contact the lady who came and measured, next week.

Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family