We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Barclaycard Account Still Open?
Hodderauthor
Posts: 9 Forumite
in Credit cards
I had a Barclaycard account and when they introduced the combined Amex/Visa cards I closed the account (because I already had an Amex card and the Cap One Mcard). Typically, a few months later a transaction went through, which I'd forgotten about. I paid this off immediately.
Today, according to my Barclays iPad App, a credit of 82p cashback has been applied to the Barclaycard account.
In light of Cap One withdrawing their cashback, I'm now wondering if I can get Barclaycard to issue me with both cards on this account. (They didn't send them originally, because I'd told them to close the account.)
Anyone else experienced a similar situation? Are there any rumours of Barclaycard Visa withdrawing their cashback soon? I'm ditching the Cap One account in a couple of days, so to get access to the Visa cashbach, even if it is 0.5%, would be useful.
Today, according to my Barclays iPad App, a credit of 82p cashback has been applied to the Barclaycard account.
In light of Cap One withdrawing their cashback, I'm now wondering if I can get Barclaycard to issue me with both cards on this account. (They didn't send them originally, because I'd told them to close the account.)
Anyone else experienced a similar situation? Are there any rumours of Barclaycard Visa withdrawing their cashback soon? I'm ditching the Cap One account in a couple of days, so to get access to the Visa cashbach, even if it is 0.5%, would be useful.
0
Comments
-
Ah. Barclaycard have told me they'veclosed theaccount, so that option is mo longer available to me. Oh well. It was worth a try.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards