NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Supply and fit fuse board

Annie1960Annie1960 Forumite
2.9K Posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
To supply and install a Hagar 12-way dual RCD fuse board
To supply and install 25mm metre tails
To supply and install a 100amp Henley block
To supply and upgrade 10mm main earth bonding to gas and water supplies
To test all final circuits

£820 + VAT

Is this a fair price?

Replies

• I normally do this for less than £450, but then I am in the West of Scotland
    baldly going on...
  • edited 28 May 2015 at 11:04AM
    brightontravellerbrightontraveller Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    edited 28 May 2015 at 11:04AM
    Depends are they issuing a certificate as its not mentioned and on bonding cable distance, routing etc “To supply and upgrade 10mm main earth bonding to gas and water supplies” (That could be 2m of cable it could be 100m lifting floorboards chasing in etc )average price to fit Consumer unit, test, cert etc Down south would be £500 ish so £320 for the bonding side seams a little on the high side (plus the vat £164 Total £984) I’d say get other quotes or post more details on distance etc for bonding side...

There are also plenty of one man bands small firms who aren’t VAT registered which for the average householder who can’t claim it back would be better suited and it in no way effects the quality of works...
  • Annie1960Annie1960 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks brightontraveller. I think the distances involved are very short, all within the kitchen cupboard where the gas and electric meter are located.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum