NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

How much should it cost to supply and fit an electric shower?

in Is this quote fair?
5 replies 17.3K views
Hi, could anyone give me an approximate figure for supplying and fitting an electric shower please? Hope you don't mind me asking, I don't think I have ever been in this section of the forum before.

Thank you in advance. Esther x
Second purse £101/100
Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
ALREADY BANKED:
£237 Christmas Savings 2013
Stock Still not done a stock check.
Started 9/5/2013.

Replies

• HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Could be anything. Power shower (pumping preheated water) or electric shower (heating cold water)? Model? New electric cabling needed? etc etc...
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • EstherHEstherH Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Oh, sorry, if I say a mid range that isn't a power shower would that help?

We already have an electric shower but it has died. The plumber is very busy and we have to wait for him to come out. Not a problem but I just wanted an idea so that I can plan my budget. Esther
    Second purse £101/100
    ALREADY BANKED:
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    Forumite
    EstherH wrote: »
    Oh, sorry, if I say a mid range that isn't a power shower would that help?

We already have an electric shower but it has died. The plumber is very busy and we have to wait for him to come out. Not a problem but I just wanted an idea so that I can plan my budget. Esther

A replacement shower shouldn't cost very much to install as all the pipework and cabling is already in place. Not much more than £50 depending on your local demand for plumbing/electrical services....oh and plus the cost of whatever model you want to buy which you can find the pricing on any web site selling shower units.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • EstherHEstherH Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Thank you. That's a big help. We had a new bathroom (not this one) a few years ago and the cost of fitting was so high in relation to the cost of a suite that I thought it may be hundreds to fit. Esther
    Second purse £101/100
    ALREADY BANKED:
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • edited 28 May 2015 at 11:20AM
    brightontravellerbrightontraveller Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    edited 28 May 2015 at 11:20AM
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    A replacement shower shouldn't cost very much to install as all the pipework and cabling is already in place. Not much more than £50 depending on your local demand for plumbing/electrical services....oh and plus the cost of whatever model you want to buy which you can find the pricing on any web site selling shower units.
    £ 50 ????? Really don’t see that from a qualified person even a cowboy ? defiantly not from a plumber qualified to do electrics and neither for and electrician qualified for plumbing there are more often both trades involved plumber disconnecting/reconnecting pipe work electrician doing wiring if either does both I’d be expecting at least £150 straight swap like for like and if the pipe work needs changing or cable needs upgrading fuse needs replacing etc £200 -£500 …
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum