Advice welcomed

2»

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    In the UK a gifted deposit will not work and still at a loss with your post tbh, as you say struggling or were struggling yet still say you have 20k plus 15k gifted so it does not read right here.

Nonsense, a gifted deposit is absolutely fine for the vast majority of lenders.
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Nonsense, a gifted deposit is absolutely fine for the vast majority of lenders.

What is this follow me around and dispute all my posts ???
  • Hi,
    My reading (and to me it seems pretty clear) is that you have been given an amount of money, which, when added to your other savings, totals 20000 euros.

If it were me, I would convert it to the currency you intend to buy the house in, amalgamate it with your other savings, and put it in an instant access ISA if you want quick access, or a longer term one if you are willing to wait. As long as you can demonstrate that it was a gift (for money laundering regulations) when you deposit the cash, you'll have no problems at all when it comes to using it for a deposit.

Also, well done for getting together savings when you say you were struggling - do save when money is tight is admirable.

Good luck!

Sbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family