Express Mobiles

Options
Good day to you all,

I have been offered a mobile phone 18 month contract with Orange by the above company. Has anyone heard of them? They are offering 850 free mins any network +300 texts for £40pm but you get your money back every 3 months. It sounds "too good to be true". I received the offer via a text message. I've done various searches but can't find anything about them. Can anyone help?

Comments

• creagb
    Options
    donp

I was offered the same deal from ExpressMobiles back in July. I too, like you, thought it was too good to be true and went about seeking 'bad press' about them. Having found none I decided to give them a go.

Now nearly four months later, surprise, surprise, I am still waiting for my first claim to be paid to me (after the first three month period). My last two emails have been ignored after they appear to be making excuses for not paying out.

Did you go with them, and if so, what did you find?
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does this have anything to do with credit cards ?

If not, then try posting in the correct forum (the one specifically for mobile phones). You may get more responses that way.
  • tradon3
    Options
    do not touch this company with a barge pole...they sent me one phone and 2 sim cards hence 2 accounts which i have had to pay for at £40 each a month it took them 4 months to sort it out and the staff and management are rude and absolutely clueless..i was told to cancel the direct debits till it was sorted which i did but then i received debt letters from orange so i had to pay then when i sent off first 3 months bills for cashback it was declined because it showed i had outstanding balance on account...i only took out contract because basically with cash back it was free...what a joke
  • odsalpete
    Options
    I too was given all the patter on the Phone and after not finding any bad press about express mobiles decided to give them a try. I emailed them my bills on 8th Jan and leaving it for 3 weeks decided to contact them, they said ' oh we haven't recieved them' I kept them in my email sent box as proof i said but then they said ...blueyonder, oh yes our computer sees them as a virus you'd better send them through a different email account..I did and confirmed reciept same day. Now they send me a letter saying i didnt apply for the cashback within 14 days of the last bill.....their own terms and conditions state....60 days...now i cant even get them to pick up the phone..after trying to contact them all morning.. But I will..
  • angela2602
    Options
    I set up with this company to get cashback - seemed a good deal.

this company are now called express mobiles at unit 5C, The Tanneries, East Street, Titchfield, Fareham, PO14 4AR. There are various names of people in this same unit probably also selectica the travel £50 holiday voucher are listed here aswell.

I have a number for sales 08700 200200. I do know they are going to be moving shortly aswell.

I reported them to trading standards!!! SE501920.

They dont respond to emails

Apparently are being taken over by someone else aswell.

If anyone heres of anything else I would be intrigued to find out.:j
  • ivydene_2
    Options
    EXPRESS MOBILES! Received one of their text messages back in August 07 offering a free contract for 18 months with Orange where they say they will send me cashback on receipt of my phone bills. Did some research and couldn't find anything untoward about it. Took the contract out on 1st Sept. It took them 2 months to send me my first cheque back after many phone calls/e-mails etc etc. I'm now nearly 7 weeks after sending my second set of phone bills and still no cheque. They have withdrawn their customer service number so all enquiries must be via e-mail. I've received e-mails from a person called Sally Bowles who is now providing every excuse in the book to delay the sending of the cheque, this includes excuses such as they have run out of cheques and are waiting for the bank to send them another book, to asking me how I sent in my bills, despite them e-mailing me confirmation of their receipt.

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A CONTRACT THROUGH EXPRESS MOBILES, FORGET IT! As for us that have already been subject of the scam, we'll have to fight together to get our money back.

I have contacted Orange, as in my mind, if they Express Mobiles are selling mobile phone contracts on behalf of Orange, then Orange must somewhere be culpable, or at least have a responsibility to their customers. Orange quite simply dont want to know and offered me to buy out my contract at over £300.

Would be interested if anyone else has had problems. I'm sure there's loads !
  • ivydene_2
    Options
    Hi Angela, which Trading Standards office did you report them to. I'll do the same.

Thanks.

angela2602 wrote: »
    I set up with this company to get cashback - seemed a good deal.

this company are now called express mobiles at unit 5C, The Tanneries, East Street, Titchfield, Fareham, PO14 4AR. There are various names of people in this same unit probably also selectica the travel £50 holiday voucher are listed here aswell.

I have a number for sales 08700 200200. I do know they are going to be moving shortly aswell.

I reported them to trading standards!!! SE501920.

They dont respond to emails

Apparently are being taken over by someone else aswell.

If anyone heres of anything else I would be intrigued to find out.:j
  • big_bunny
    Options
    I've been messed about too.. (by yes mobiles)

Took this offer off my mobile, and it took 3 months for my cashback cheques to finally arrive (after many many promises and let downs)..

The final straw came when I tried phoning their returns number and was redirected to express mobiles website..

No reply to email.. Of course..

I rang orange and while they seemed "semi" helpful i am of the view that orange are getting a lot of business out of whatever clowns are running these scams, so they should take responsibility for who they allow to sell their products..

It would not be quite so bad if I actually NEEDED such a high tariff!!

But, I dont..

But, the future is bright eh??

Or something that rhymes with that and smells less rosy.. :)
  • HayleySteele
    Options
    ivydene wrote: »
    EXPRESS MOBILES! Received one of their text messages back in August 07 offering a free contract for 18 months with Orange where they say they will send me cashback on receipt of my phone bills. Did some research and couldn't find anything untoward about it. Took the contract out on 1st Sept. It took them 2 months to send me my first cheque back after many phone calls/e-mails etc etc. I'm now nearly 7 weeks after sending my second set of phone bills and still no cheque. They have withdrawn their customer service number so all enquiries must be via e-mail. I've received e-mails from a person called Sally Bowles who is now providing every excuse in the book to delay the sending of the cheque, this includes excuses such as they have run out of cheques and are waiting for the bank to send them another book, to asking me how I sent in my bills, despite them e-mailing me confirmation of their receipt.

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A CONTRACT THROUGH EXPRESS MOBILES, FORGET IT! As for us that have already been subject of the scam, we'll have to fight together to get our money back.

I have contacted Orange, as in my mind, if they Express Mobiles are selling mobile phone contracts on behalf of Orange, then Orange must somewhere be culpable, or at least have a responsibility to their customers. Orange quite simply dont want to know and offered me to buy out my contract at over £300.

Would be interested if anyone else has had problems. I'm sure there's loads !

Do you have the address that you used? I have used their email address that's on the website they now give out automatically on the phone. I have sent off 6 bill have recieved the 7th and 8th and never recieved the cheques and keep being fobbed off. Now i can't even speak to someone or get my email through

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport