Life Cover Invalid - Refund ?

Options
Have life cover for myself and wife. Divorced 7 years ago but have still been paying. Due to not notifying life insurance company of Divorce policy invalid. Divorced in 2007 ...Am I untitled to refund of payments since 2007 as date policy became invalid. No claims made on policy .

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You said yourself that you did not notify them so how would they know there was a divorce and thus policy should have been cancelled? You could try and ask nicely but I wouldn't start spending any refund given it was not the fault of the insurer
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I untitled to refund of payments since 2007 as date policy became invalid.

The policy never became invalid. It would still have paid out if either of you had died.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure