PPI from Black Horse

Options
Hi there,
I recently wrote to Black Horse using the mse template that you guys made up for us all (Thanks) and got a letter back saying 'our records show you did not purchase PPI for this loan agreement so I am unable to uphold your complaint'.
I have a copy of the original credit agreement which states I would be paying an extra £45 a month on top of my loan repayments, and also have bank statements with that amount. This loan was taken out in 2004. The letter also states that this complaint is not eligible for consideration by the fos as they are only able to consider complaints reg policies sold by them between dec 2001 - mar 2003 and from jan 2005 which I find weird.
The letter says I can contact the Finance and leasing association but I wanted some of you guys awesome advice before I do.

Thanks in advance, Craig

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The letter also states that this complaint is not eligible for consideration by the fos as they are only able to consider complaints reg policies sold by them between dec 2001 - mar 2003 and from jan 2005 which I find weird.

Insurance regulation started on 14 Jan 2005. For sales earlier than that, it would depend on the professional bodies the firm belonged to as to whether they have to consider a complaint or not and whether that gives you access to the FOS or not.
    The letter says I can contact the Finance and leasing association but I wanted some of you guys awesome advice before I do.

That makes sense with the dates.

Is it possible that it was not a Black Horse PPI product that was built into the loan but a third party product sold by whoever sold you the loan?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure