Why is HSBC so slow after opening account - A bit of help please.

Options
I opened an account online with HSBC at the end of April, a week later I got a letter asking for a copy of my signature which I sent back, then another week I got a letter and form to complete to be sent a Telephone security password.

Today 23rd May I get a welcome pack dated 12th May !.

When I try to call them they wont speak to me as I dont have the Telephone security number !, they tell me it was posted 3 days ago to me, but at there current rate of speed I wont get it for about 3 weeks !.

I have not received a card, but they cant tell me if one was ordered as I dont have the security number !, but they said it was unlikely that one has been ordered as I would have used that for ID rather than being sent a security number, and you only get a Security number if you don't have a card (Is that true), but I can order a card once I get the security number.

The guy on the phone said that if I did not choose one on the application then one would not have been ordered, but I cant remember seeing a option to have a card when I completed the online form.

Does anyone who has done the application online remember if you have to specifically ask for a card or was it just automatically sent ?.

I take it now I have been sent the welcome pack I am safe to set up Direct Debits etc, although at the moment I have no means to access the account.

I would be grateful for any help on this.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport