Online banking

Options
I have been trying to set up online banking today with the Halifax. Had no joy whatsoever, followed the instructions completely but still keeps coming up with "username or password not known" ????!!!!!

I seem to remember I had the same problems with trying this last year for my mother, who has recently passed away.

Has anyone else had any problems with registering, I'm beginning to think this just doesn't work anyway, useless!!

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Registering (setting up) or logging in?

"username or password not known" is a message if the details were entered incorrectly when logging in.
  • NightOwl67
    NightOwl67 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I registered then tried to log in but keeps saying username or password not known! I don't get it!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's years since I registered for my Halifax online banking but I would expect it is still the same as I remember - you need to wait for access information in the post.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dear Mr Grumbler
    Your new current account is now all set up and ready for you to use.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happens next?
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Online Banking – you'll shortly receive confirmation of the username you chose in a separate email. You will also be sent a welcome letter in the post within the next 7 days with your activation code needed to access all Online Banking features – you will only need to enter this once. [/FONT]
    ....[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...................... [/FONT]
  • NightOwl67
    NightOwl67 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    It's years since I registered for my Halifax online banking but I would expect it is still the same as I remember - you need to wait for access information in the post.

Oh, cheers! I didn't see anything about this online. I only want to cancel a direct debit, be much easier to go into the branch on Tuesday!
  • colsten
    Options
    NightOwl67 wrote: »
    Oh, cheers! I didn't see anything about this online. I only want to cancel a direct debit, be much easier to go into the branch on Tuesday!

Or call them on one of their 24x7 numbers? http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/call-us/#bankaccounts
  • Treasure2011
    Treasure2011 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    No way could I get it to work. Round and round in circles I went. Finally called into branch.
  • colsten
    Options
    No way could I get it to work. Round and round in circles I went. Finally called into branch.

What is it you tried to do?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can reset your username and password on the website, you can also cancel DD on the telephone, or go to your local branch tomorrow or Tuesday when they open up again....

lots of options for you, and you can be reset in branch if you ask the enquiry desk...
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing