Shopping Lists

Do you operate a shopping list. I mean a pre printed list, one that sits on your tablet etc, which you can scan down and pick the items you need e.g. beans, washing up liquid, shaving gel and so on.

As a single person without a car I've placed a few orders online for my big shop and it's great to have it delivered to your door when you want it. I save on taxi fares, spot buying and that little cup of coffee.

One problem I have though is that I'm always missing something out, items that I might only buy every other month. So I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good all round shopping list. That should help me travel down the list and select items I need St stock up on

Comments

• If you have a compatible/capable mobile use the
    mysupermarket app
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/cleancontent/landingpages/landingpage/mobilelandingpage

compare prices and create shopping lists :money:
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I use one of those old fashioned writing implements and a notepad. We go through the items in the kitchen and write down what we need to buy before we go to the store.

From there its a simple case of ticking the items off the list as we place them in the basket. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Which supermarket are you using?

Tesco adds every item you order to MY FAVOURITES. So with later orders all you have to do is add selected items from MY FAVOURITES to your basket.

There is also a facility to save lists of items which can be added in one go to your basket. Other supermarkets that I have used have similar facilities.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Sainsburys gave the fav list as well, and at the end of your order if there are items that you havent purchased, it flags these up x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Use write on wipe off board in kitchen, metail and magnetised pen

everyone can write down what they have just used up and add items that they would like to get purchased on the next shop.

Could have matrix with week 1-4 and identify items that are bi weekly , monthly etc and a spare box for random items easily forgotten.

Then write in diary which of the 4 weeks in the cycle you are on- I do this for bin collection and my 4 week cleaning rota sad)

As its visible it has a chance of being done !?
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • Angie50
    Angie50 Posts: 30 Forumite
    I write down the items when I have used them on my kitchen note pad and then add to my supermarket app to get the best price because I shop in various shops, all are within 5/10 min of where I live, sainsburys and aldi & Iceland together, morrisons, farm foods together and asda, poundland & another Iceland together. Only tesco is further away ( don't use unless home delivery and money off) so no problem with shopping around, I then add an alert so I get a better price.
  • browneyedbazzi
    browneyedbazzi Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I use a shopping list app on my phone, so whenever I use up the last of something or think of something that I want to get in, I just add it to the list on the app.

I use 'Out of Milk' which is free and allows you to keep several lists - I keep one for groceries, one for household stuff and one for gift ideas for Christmas etc.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • enjoyyourshoes
    enjoyyourshoes Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I use a shopping list app on my phone, so whenever I use up the last of something or think of something that I want to get in, I just add it to the list on the app.

I use 'Out of Milk' which is free and allows you to keep several lists - I keep one for groceries, one for household stuff and one for gift ideas for Christmas etc.

Sounds fantastic !

Will get one once we get mobile phone signal at home or a reliable internet service.
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I am really old fashioned in that I have a small box (recycled of course from a present ) in my kitchen, and in it I have small squares of card (again recycled from the backs of xmas/birthday cards ) that I have cut up big enough to go into my bag.I keep one of these by the kettle, and as things run out I will jot down on the card what I need/want When I have at least 10 things on the card I will then go to the shops clutching my card, and buy what I need with real money frrom my seperate food purse which I keep my food cash for the month in.I now sho[p about once every 10-12 days if required and don't waste cash on buying unnecessary stuff.:0
    May sound a bit mean but I see no point in wasting anything, be it the backs of old cards/envelopes or hard cash.I live alone so only have to feed myself and the amount of stuff binned in my house is minute :) Having been brought up with rationing and post-war austerity (and a very small ,canny Glaswegian mum)I can ,as my DDs often say 'streeetch cash until it pings '.Any left over cash going into the holiday fund for our annual two weeks at the seaside for myself,DD,son-in-law and grandchildren.
    I treat running my household the same way as running a business and I'm careful not to go over budget if I can help it.
    I do have a mobile that does what I need it to which is make calls and texts.I also have an Ipod (given to me by my profligate granddaughter when she 'upgrade' her phone.My old moby is fine for me and the Ipod is used more by my DGS than myself :)
    I am happy with my little box of waste discarded envelopes/cards and a pen.Cheap as chips and doesn't need 'charging up ' :):):)
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done JackieO really wish I was as Moneysaving as you

ps when talking technology what kind of computer and internet connection do you have?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure