Thursday 21st May - What small DFW things will you do today?

Options
13»

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 May 2015 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Thank you, I wish I could, I feeli like I'm having a panic attack at the moment, I feel so poorly it's untrue. Nothing seems to be going right and I am just worrying with everything that we do. :( I know 'one day' it will be alright - but at what cost? Me feeling so sick with worry while they sort all of our claims out, them deciding we don't deserve any help and then I have to appeal, or getting another compliance check letter through again? I had a letter come through today from them saying it had now been sorted, but it doesn't help me emotionally, or my family and I financially at all right now. :(
    Sorry for the mini-rant. Will try and smile... :o

Purple, it WILL be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not next week, but some day soon. "Everything works out well in the end; if all is not well, it's not the end." Make a plan, even a teeny tiny one and work on it. The feelings will pass.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just posting really quickly as I need to do some cleaning, sorry not to be bale to take time to comment to you all but I read every post and am living it all with you, but:

Yorkshire Lass - hope you get it sorted, I'm sure full time education can mean many things, I'm sure home schooling would count, wouldn't it?

Maria - Sometimes you just have to do whatever you have to do to make the effort of hauling your !!! out of bed every monring bearable. You'll be back on the wagon soon and the house sounds lovely.

Ziggy - dead jealous of your holiday, I love caravans. The designer in me really appreciates all the tricks to fit so much into a small space!

Today I had lunch from my work store drawer/fridge but have got into the habit of buying chocolate raisins for breakfast. They're one of my five a day, right? :o

I spoke to the estate agents today, apparently the other house on with them went to full and final offers and also achieved just below the asking price and the person that *didn't* get it was gutted and is coming to see mine on Saturday, hence the cleaning.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    New Era Day 13 cont:

:grinheart Culled Pinterest account. Don't 'get it'.

:grinheart Enjoy Fuchsia coming into bloom.

:grinheart Enjoy the Queen Mary 2 sailing past village later. Watch free fireworks if I can stay awake long enough.

:grinheart Read library book.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

:grinheart Culled Pinterest account. Don't 'get it'.

I didn't get it either Ally :o
  • NewlyFrugalMumof3
    Options
    Thank you, I wish I could, I feeli like I'm having a panic attack at the moment, I feel so poorly it's untrue. Nothing seems to be going right and I am just worrying with everything that we do. :( I know 'one day' it will be alright - but at what cost? Me feeling so sick with worry while they sort all of our claims out, them deciding we don't deserve any help and then I have to appeal, or getting another compliance check letter through again? I had a letter come through today from them saying it had now been sorted, but it doesn't help me emotionally, or my family and I financially at all right now. :(
    Sorry for the mini-rant. Will try and smile... :o

So sorry you are feeling low and unwell. You are doing so well if your signature is anything to go by. And now you have the letter saying its been sorted, perhaps in the next few days, the worry will lift and things will feel better. Take care.
    Jan GC £267.47/280, Fuel:£40.60/£40; Cafes: £28.35!!/£20, NSD: ?/20
    Walk /10miles/week,
    LBM £14,000 :eek: 01/02/18. Loan: £14960.40/4 years

Emergency: / £1000, Vouchers: One4All £20, HairSalon £50, Caffe Nero £15.62, Pizza Express £90, Other Restaurant £60. DS1 owes camera/car ins.£800.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,602 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Yorkshire Lass - hope you get it sorted, I'm sure full time education can mean many things, I'm sure home schooling would count, wouldn't it?
    [\QUOTE]

Yes home education counts
    I have done everything on today's list with the exception of finish reading Martin's email and unpack today's bags, will need to do those tomorrow.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • faithcecilia
    faithcecilia Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    In spite of getting zero sleep I decided to pop into town this afternoon. I haven't been since before Christmas because I can walk to the local shops about half of the time whereas town is always a scooter trip and often it all feels like too much effort for to little reward. Anyway, I decided it was worth it because there were a few things I either couldn't get locally or would cost an awful lot more. I really enjoyed myself!:j

Bought an Argos economy double summer duvet, bargain at £7.99:T
    Lamp also from Argos £3.99 also bargainous :rotfl:

Treated myself to a Starbuck....2 actually!:p But one was their half price frappaccino so thats okay;)

Then onto Sainsburys. Bought the food I needed for my friend coming for the weekend and also decided to treat us to G&T. My estimate of the food shopping being about the same as my Nectar points value was almost spot on:j so just paid for the gin really.

Unfortunately I then got home to a message from my friend saying he isn't coming:( He has picked up a cold and I have no immune system due to being on steroids so it wouldn't have done either of us any good him dragging himself here. Im disappointed, but I have a fridge full of slightly more special food than usual to get through, plus the G&T to drown my sorrows!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure